• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Even though this has been pulled for now, stay on top of this issue. Keep the pressure on the BCC. Ken Pridgen is one of whom is up for re-election and is actively trying to get the S.Walton Vote. Contact Ken by phone, email or in person to let him know your position on this issue.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
The hotly debated Oaks of Eden proposed subdivision in Point Washington was tabled again at the Walton Board of County Commission meeting Jan. 10.
The development has been before the BCC several times over past months in an attempt to reconcile Point Washington residents aesthetic concerns. Developers are continuing to meet with residents to discuss a project redesign. Developers want to placate residents? request for compatibility with existing architecture.

The BCC also approved final plats for 13 new projects.
APPROVED

? Harstvedt Plantations ? a 61-lot single-family subdivsion on the western side of North Eden Park Drive

? Le Soliel ? a 10-lot single-family subdivision on the north side of Surf Song Lane

? Frangista Beach third addition - a 72-lot singlefamily subdivision with pool amenity north of Scenic Gulf Drive

? Coastal Dunes ? a 17-unit townhome project with amenities on the south side of Penny Lane

? Santa Rosa Golf Villas ? a 38-lot single-family subdivison on the east side of Thompson Road

? Summer Place ? 14 multi-family townhouse units on the north side of County Road 30A

? Sacred Oaks Subdivision ? an 87-lot single-family subdivision on Mack Bayou Road

? Draper Lake Resort Phase I Vesting ? request to Board of County Commission to establish and/or determine good faith efforts to maintain traffic concurrency as vested trips along CR 30A

? Laurel Woods ? 33 single-family residential lots north of Chat Holley Road

? Spirit and the Bride Ministries ? 9,000-squarefoot worship center along U.S. Highway 90

? Inlet Beach Lot 54 ? Four residential lots on the east side of North Winston Lane

? Caspian Estates ? nine residential lots with pool located at the intersection of south Spooky Lane and CR 30A

? Alligator Point ? 12 residential lots located at the end of CR 393

CONTINUED

? Magnolia Cottages Phase II ? 38-lot singlefamily subdivison

? Oaks at Eden ? 29-lot single-family residential subdivision in Point Washington

? South Haven ? 28 townhouse residential units west of Sugar Drive

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sacred Oaks Subdivision ? an 87-lot single-family subdivision on Mack Bayou Road

What do you think will be the first thing to be removed at this new project? I will give you a hint -- they are tall and sacred.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
Sacred Oaks Subdivision ? an 87-lot single-family subdivision on Mack Bayou Road

What do you think will be the first thing to be removed at this new project? I will give you a hint -- they are tall and sacred.

For anyone opposed to clear cutting trees in SoWal - here's some info.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
At the latest County Comm Mtg, the Commissioners responded to Ms. Page and acknowledged that there are two cases of violations in the recent months, noting that one developer clear-cutted the entire property on Thanksgiving day, when no County Code-Enforcement Officials were working, and most citizens who could be concerned were occupied with other family matters. The question arose as to what should happen. A $1000 fine does not mean anything to a developer who just doubled his number of units. So, at least they addressed the issue, about 3 years too late, but they did address it. Nothing was decided though, and clear-cutting will continue as long as penalties don't amount to anything. I think the penalty for such acts should be something along the lines of that particular parcel of land should should have its maximum density reduced to 1/4 of the stated density, for the remainder of that parcel's life. Selling the property should not change that density.

...but who am I to make the rules?

Speaking of clear-cutting, Prominence looks great doesn't it? :bang:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Yes. They are now prominent.

051117-007.jpg

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
kurt said:
Yes. They are now prominent.

That is criminal. So, there are no laws against this???? SHAME on all developers (tree killers) who use this method. I think you are dispicable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I know some developers who :bang: often, because they do play by the rules. One example is the property next to the east of Capo's. That property was filled with scrub oak, and according to the Comp Plan, 50% had to remain undisturbed. Personally, I know 3 developers who did not buy that property because the numbers did not work for them, if they followed the rules set in the Comp Plan. However, another developer bought it, clear cut it, and is now building the Abacos. That is frustrating to the people who play by the rules given.