• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
Diane, I appreciate what you're saying. However, my frustration with her stems from how she acts in my neighborhood, and the way she talks to people in real life, not with her opinions/statements on this board....she is right in suggesting that I just ignore her posts from here on out....so that's what Im going to do.

Happy Easter everyone!!! :D

This person was simply upset and after lots of frustration, pets being attacked, etc, wanting to make their point. Not rude, or nasty, just making their point! Seems people are too sensitive sometimes, when others voice their opinions, etc.:dunno:As SOWAL members, we should feel that we can express ourselves, right?

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Diane, I appreciate what you're saying. However, my frustration with her stems from how she acts in my neighborhood, and the way she talks to people in real life, not with her opinions/statements on this board....she is right in suggesting that I just ignore her posts from here on out....so that's what Im going to do.

Happy Easter everyone!!! :D

Then take it off the board and deal with it there rather than airing a personal grief, here, and then getting pissy when people don't get what your beef is. You have a personal beef? The board is not the place to air it out.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
I thought this was about people being respectful of their dog's going to the BR away from their primary residence? Am I missing something or is there something more going on here? One thing that did strike me is that I cannot believe that just because someone is a renter they feel entitled to let their dog go the bathroom and then not pick it up. I am guessing the 2 posters here know each other? Sounds like some hard feelings are out there. How can y'all be grouchy when you live down there? I just want to know what kind of pup Aris Blue Skies Black Pepper is? Sounds totally adorable.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Um, no one acts like you're nuts. Your points are fair enough...you are just a rude, nasty person who needs to learn how to make your opinion known in a POLITE way...maybe then people wouldn't "get smart" (really?) with you! Just my .02.

Personal attacks are not allowed on SoWal.com.

30A Getaway

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
One of unique aspects of 30A to me is the pet friendly environment. I love to see all the people with big smiles on their faces walking their pups. However, I understand completely the frustration with doggie owners who don't clean up behind their furry friends.

Personally, I wish more places (hotels, parks, home owners associations, etc.)had doggie stations with baggies for poop disposal and brown bags (like at the beach)for disposal of poop baggies. In my opinion, it would be a great idea to post friendly reminders to pet owners at these doggie stations and throughout the neighborhoods. I realize pet owners shouldn't have to be reminded, but I think it would help the problem tremendously. Plus, it would set the expectation throughout community, and it would be convenient.

Again, I love the pet friendly environment of 30A, and if we put our heads together, we can think of a great idea to combat the tons of poop.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Rosemary Beach has poop bag stations scattered around the community as a friendly reminder to dog owners. Don't know how much it helps but it can't hurt.

HelenM

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2008
Why dont we start posting the realtor/rental agencies that tell visitors that "the owner has a permit that covers whoever is using the unit" I know of at least two that are in the practice of doing so.

Do they really do that? I thought that the dog beach permit was for a specific dog? Honestly, if there are realtors/agencies who do that, then they should have their beach permits revoked, IMO.

I cannot stand when people let their dogs run loose (on the beach or other places). Not only do they poop all over and the owners usually "forget" to pick it up, but they can scare people. I may be in the minority, but a little dog running up to me scares me more than a big dog.

30A Getaway

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Check out this web address for great "poop free" doggie signs. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the best signs.

Dog Poop Signs: Get One For Your Yard! - The Fun Times Guide to Dogs

How can we get these signs, receptacles and poop bags (or something like it) placed throughout the communities of 30A? It may not correct the problem immediately, but it won't make the problem worse, and I think it would set some needed expectations. With time, the situation would improve.

Any thoughts?:D