Tootsies World Famous Orchid Lounge... Pier Park

Discussion in 'Music and Nightlife' started by Smiling JOe, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

I would absolutely love love love to do this!!!!

2. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

OK- this place better be open this spring, and we will go when our "veteran Tootsie's professional", GGTBM, is in town to show us the ropes.

SoWal wench night at Tootsie's. There won't be any boots left in that joint.:clap:

3. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Please, please, please tell me we can do this when I'm there. April 17-20.

4. BrownEyedGull

BrownEyedGull Beach Lover

Way too cool!!! Love, love, love country music - especially live!!!
    One more reason to move there!!!! My list is growing!

So, when is Tootsies opening?:dunno:

5. butterbean

butterbean Beach Fanatic

Tootsies is on the same strip o Broadway in Nashville, and the back alley spills out into the alley behind the Grand Ole Opry (the original, not the amusement park) and all the stars would go by Tootsies and hang til they came on, ar come and sit in after their show. The place with the boots is Roberts Western Wear, former home of the fabulous rockabilly band BR-549. I saw a Brazilian Elvis impersonater that was right on the last time I was there, name of El-Vez, and the fried baloney sammitch at midnite sealed the deal! If Tootsies goes with local and regional talent, and the talent pool here is deep, it ought to be fun!

6. tistheseason

tistheseason Beach Fanatic

You are totally right. The boot place was Roberts Western Wear. . . .and we went there specifically to see BR-549. (Love them!)

7. Mike B.

Mike B. Beach Lover

Tootsies is a really good time! On the rare occasion that I do decide to drive downtown and go honky tonkin', I got to Tootsies and Legends Corner (a few doors down from Tootsies). A few weekends ago my friends girlfriend set up a scavenger hunt through downtown Nashville for his brithday and 4 teams of 4 had to listen to clues on a CD and then drive to various locations to get the next clue. One of the clues lead me to running in the back door of Tootsies (from the back alley behind the Ryman Auditorium), through the upstairs bar, downstairs to the lower bar and ending up on the sidewalk in front of the bar where I had to play guitar and sing in order to get the next clue. The tourists gathered around hoping to get a show and I badly disappointed them! If you guys come to Nashville Ill buy you a beer at some cool hole in the wall music venues. Deal?