Traveling to the Florida Panhandle? Tips & Advice

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Teresa, May 21, 2020 at 1:00 PM.

1. raven316

raven316 Beach Lover

It's Hathaway Bridge yesterday afternoon coming from 231 into PC Beach. I'm sorry if I gave the impression it was the 330 bridge.

2. raven316

raven316 Beach Lover

Right, I just checked the message. Mea Culpa

3. elgordoboy

elgordoboy Beach Fanatic

And this is how we all wind up locked in our houses, wearing masks, and angry at our neighbors. Thank you to the critical thinkers who caught it out.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 12:27 PM
  4. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Nah. I would check my vacation rental company policies. Then bring my own cleaning supplies.

Actually I would social distance by staying home.
    No problem. I knew it wasn't 331 bridge. In any case it's coming to the panhandle. I expect all incoming traffic to be rather heavy today. It's Memorial Day weekend. Just stay safe. I'm doing what I would do any other holiday weekend at the beach and staying bayside in the woods. Not out of fear. Just avoiding the masses. I hope they will be safe in our community.

5. bob1

bob1 Beach Lover

That bridge connects Panama City and Panama City Beach about 30 minutes east of Rosemary Beach.

6. Jim Tucker

Jim Tucker Beach Fanatic

Sorry but a pic of traffic doesn't make me afraid or angry.

7. elgordoboy

elgordoboy Beach Fanatic

No apology needed good sir, I am glad for it. You ever get the address for raven316’s friends address in WC?

8. Teresa

Walton County Board of County Commissioners have instituted the following regulations:

• By adoption of Resolution 2020-42 on May 12, Beach vending is now permitted with the restrictions that vendors place their equipment a minimum of six feet apart, place equipment in a manner that prevents groups of more than 10 from congregating, and requires that all equipment is disenfected between each use.
    • The following restrictions are also in place:
      • No special events or beach bonfires will be allowed.
      • Visitors to the beach must adhere to CDC guidelines of social distancing – no groups of more than 10, and 6 or more feet between groups.
      • All normal beach activities will be permitted based on Walton County's Waterways and Beach Activities Ordinance.
    • The Walton County Sheriff’s Office will handle enforcement with a customer service approach.

9. Beauford

Beauford Beach Lover

10. raven316

raven316 Beach Lover

Get the address why?

11. Teresa

Please see the Food & Dining Forum. Many of our restaurants are offering online ordering for pickup and also for menus and ordering while dining on site. Each restaurant has its own unique operations as they continue to change their services to meet safety and social distancing requirements. All of our restaurants are on social media keeping us up to date. We share many of their updates here in the dining forum.

Dining and Food

There are some lists of restaurants out there but they are not updated or useful. Restaurants need us to follow them on social media for the latest news pertaining to their unique operations. Share their updates with friends!

12. leeboy

leeboy Beach Lover

I heard restaurants were full last night and folks were lined up outside Publix around dark o'clock.