• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
I am amazed at how anyone wants to ruin someone's life by not doing the right thing.

If only the builder had stepped up to the plate over 2.5 years ago, made the repairs bad workmanship, whoever working under him doesn't matter, I would not be losing my life in 6 days.

Why are some people so cruel and insensitive? What has happened to this world? What made it such a *****y place to live?

Reminds me of these partial lyrics.

It's a hard road that we follow
The saddest cities, and the darkest hollows
People cross this world
Over and then back again
Never even one time lift their eyes
Or think of what they say

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
6 days! Wow! That's terrible! Channel 13 requests problems to solve, I'd check there. I knew mold is a problem that is often overlooked. I hope you have made your piece. B*tth**ds are everywhere, you must forgive him.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Here's a plan that Clark Howard has mentioned in the past...

Find homes that your builder is showing / selling. As long as you do not distort the truth or make false statements, you can picket in front of his property / neighborhood.

If anything, it will make people question him as a builder...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
No, I am not legally bound to mention his name, but I will PM the name to anyone who ask.

Last time I mentioned his name, I got into a spat, for not a better word, with people who know him.
WoW!
While I don't recall the builders' name, I seem to recall that one of the owners of the company posted in reply to your ranting about the lack of water vapor layer. I think you are taking the high road, and cannot say that I would do the same, given the circumstances. I'd plaster the builders' names everywhere and invite people to come look at the house they built without the basics. In addition, I'd find a lawyer who loves money and willing to do the leg work in exchange for a higher payout. I don't like lawyers, unless they are on my side, and even then it's questionable (other than in social settings ;-) -- I do know a few pretty cool lawyers), but I'd be suing the pants off the builders and I'd go after the County, for inaccurate inspections if the water vapor layer is on the checklist as approved.

I'll share this with you, the legal system is broken everywhere. I have a friend who was sued by his neighbor, who is trying to blame something on my friend, which is not my friends fault at all. I won't go into details, but the case has been dragging on for over a year, and they were supposed to go to court last week, but it was post-poned yet again, because the case in front of them was going to trial instead of pleading out, so they are shafted for another month with mounting legal fees. His latest bill for the month from his own attorneys was a surprising $16,000, mostly ludicrous charges, like rehearsing for trial and the partner's billing for oversight of the rehearsing for trial. (It's no wonder why lawyers are so disliked). The plaintiff's (new and hungry) attorney is working without charging the client unless they win. It is highly likely that my friend's builder's insurance company and my friend, will be out more money from legal fees than they would had they settled for the amount of damages being sought.

I believe I told you once before about the guy I talked to who had big vinyl stickers of a lemon, on the back half of both sides, and the back glass of his Jeep Cherokee. When I talked to him, he had just pulled up to park on the wide sidewalk in front of Walmart on a Saturday afternoon. I couldn't help but to ask about the lemons. I knew he wasn't selling lemonade. He told me that his car repeatedly "breaks down" on the right of way, in front of the dealer where he bought the car.

Good luck with your situation. It sounds like a nightmare, but hang in there. Keep us posted on the outcome of the lawsuit.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
From Panama City News Channel 13 (www.wmbb.com)

problem_solver_anchor.jpg
Have a problem and it seems like no one can help? Then put News13’s Problem Solver to work for you. We do more than just report problems, we work hard to help find solutions. News13’s Jerry Brown uses his journalistic experience to get you answers. See what Jerry has done for other Panhandle residents who needed help. Click below for past and present Problem Solver Stories.

jbrown@wmbb.com

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Have you followed up on the Jerry Brown suggestion? They call for details from both sides when deciding what to pursue. An avenue worth exploring I think. It sounds like you are very depressed (the never waking up thing--been there) and I am really, really sorry for you. I know it may seem insurmountable and it truly is a horrble thing to have happen but getting proactive again and living your life is a good revenge. If you cannot find any satisfaction from the builder or legal system my advice is to put it behind you and resume living. Easy for me to say I know, and I hope I never face similar circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.