• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Seeing is believing

I really find this interesting, as a 5 person race for our commission seat should be dominating the conversation.:dunno: However, the sheriff's race continues to be the big topic. I began this race wanting the incumbent out due to his policies along the beaches and 30-A. I was leaning towards Adkinson until Cooper came in the race. I was intrigued by a SoWal resident being elected to a constitutional office in this county for the first time.:clap: But what made up my mind is the sense of entitlement that the Adkinson supporters have, like it is their right to "regain" this office from ralph.:dunno: Your story about the supporter who said nothing while she recieved light duty and her fellow officers were fired illustrates it. The least we could expect is that she would be loyal to the sheriff who gave her preference over others, but apparently she is on the other side. I do not like those type of people and do not want them in charge of who does/does not go to jail.:bang:

You have used a key word that I feel needs to be explored. The word is: ENTITLEMENT

I will define it here: (my scarcasm is not directed at you, but you already know that)

Entitlement

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Look up Entitlement in [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary"]Wiktionary[/ame], the free dictionary.

Entitlement is a guarantee of access to benefits because of rights, or by agreement through [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law"]law[/ame]. It also refers, in a more casual sense to someone's belief that he/she is deserving of some particular reward or benefit.[1] It is often used as a negative term in popular parlance (i.e. a 'sense of entitlement'). The legal term, however, carries no value judgment: it simply denotes a right granted. In clinical psychology and psychiatry, an unrealistic, exaggerated, or rigidly held sense of entitlement may be considered a symptom of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
In Land Development, the Entitlement Process is the legal method of obtaining approvals for the right to develop property for a desired use. (example: Re-zone)
In computer security, it can also refer to [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_control"]access control[/ame].
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have seen, read and heard about enough of how certain candidates are expecting to win based on very, very shallow reasons and/or beliefs. The reasons people logged into this (and other sites) are sometimes quite laughable. He'll support the North End, He'll hire "originals", his uncle is so and so, he saved me from the killer whale, etc., etc., etc.,

Well maybe that's part of the problem here. The sense of Entitlement.

I just forced myself to re-read some of Ralph's political fodder from his recent "communication" to his very few brain washed minions. What a load of poop. He fired two pregnant officers, who currently have a law suit pending against the county (show me the $$$). He talks and talks and talks about his accomplishments, but fails to acknowledge his short comings (oh so many), my wallet hurts $$$.

Now, the last few of the "original" supporters, who clung to the savior Adkinson, as the ONLY hope to save us from Ralph, are trying to salvage the remains of a once "Entitled" Campaign. What they failed to realize is that the X-Factor arrived (shortly after B. Imfeld was unlawfully asked to exit) and he has taken the county by storm. People fear Adkinson (the name), they will say anything to his face, but in the election booth, it is a different story. Why should anyone fear a candidate? I want a candidate that I can trust. One that I can respect (one that lives in county) and one that surrounds him or herself with winners, leaders, integrity. A very wise man once told me that people are like elevators, they either bring you up, or they bring you down. It is obvious to me who has surrounding themselves with whom, just review recent posts.

As for the real victims in all this, the deputies (I'm not talking about the supervisors, many of which (not all guys and gals) I feel are pawns for RJ, just as Adkinson has his "leaders", although some are still collecting State Pay Checks). These men and women risk their lives for us each and every day/night. They are living in fear of loosing their jobs. Is it any wonder they have met (in secret of course), with certain candidates? They need a pay check and most of them have a great respect for the badge/star and they do not want to give it up. It is a sad time when those who matter most must censor their comments to maintain a job. Those that have not, have already made "plans" which is a somewhat unfair advantage but it is commendable, just please stop doing it in your uniform. Who knows what conversations, held between "originals" have occurred...

I firmly believe that the best candidate will prevail on Tuesday. This candidate will go on and win the election against the viable candidate from the Democratic Party (its not Chapman again, is it?). People will cry and moan after Tuesday. They will call "Foul" at any chance. After all is said and done I can only hope that those who have fallen short will reflect on what was done wrong and realize that the citizens of Walton County want and deserve a Sheriff and a Sheriffs Office that has morals, integrity, experience, and a Future.

thank u,

w