• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
There is a feeling among many of our citizens that voting does not change anything so why bother. Much of the reason for that is how candidates have ran their races. As North Lake pointed out, it takes three votes for a commissioner to actually do anything. So promising you will do things you personally cannot deliver breeds discontent. As far as who actually won, people are smart and usually vote their interests. To increase turnout you just have to convince more people that it is in their interests to vote.
Correct, when I see Congressional Candidates promise term limits and other such things and candidates for Florida Legislature promise all the stuff he is going to do with regard to common core, Obamacare but not what he is going to accomplish for his district I understand the apathy. Quit promising and tell us what your goals are, because if you can't or won't work well with others to accomplish goals nothing gets done. I have a lot more respect even if I disagree with your agenda if you would work well with others to accomplish at least some of what you say.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
You have to help others meet their goals as well as long as your core principles are maintained. As a single commissioner you cannot create one job much less 1000 or so. It takes at least three working together to do anything. When you run a scorched earth campaign you may win the battle but lose the war because those people you have torched will remember and respond.