• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Geez. He needs to be worried about enforcing the law, not slapping religious stickers on police cars.

I don't love my tax dollars going towards this effort. Last time I checked, ordering God stickers and taking the time to stick them on the squad cars was not in the sheriff and deputy job descriptions. I hope the stickers were donated, and the time taken to adhere them to the cars was reimbursed to the county.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
Did you guys know this?

"In God We Trust" was adopted by the Florida legislature as part of the state seal in 1868. This is also the motto of the United States and is a slight variation on Florida's first state motto, "In God is our Trust."

Whether you agree it should be there or not, it's hard to argue with the logic of "Well, it IS our state motto."

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Did you guys know this?

"In God We Trust" was adopted by the Florida legislature as part of the state seal in 1868. This is also the motto of the United States and is a slight variation on Florida's first state motto, "In God is our Trust."

Whether you agree it should be there or not, it's hard to argue with the logic of "Well, it IS our state motto."

Good point and thanks for the reminder.