• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
Charles,

I'm certain the politicians can come up with a simple, business-oriented solution. How about "rent a beach chair, and get a free COVID-19 vaccination".....?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I saw an article on FB that said Desantis said he would be sending the vaccine “to the counties that could distribute it the fastest”. That doesn’t sound good for our rather lackluster little redneck county.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I saw an article on FB that said Desantis said he would be sending the vaccine “to the counties that could distribute it the fastest”. That doesn’t sound good for our rather lackluster little redneck county.

He said places that didn't distribute fast enough would have it taken away and sent elsewhere. Desantis is a disaster.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Probably code for counties that are red.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Probably code for counties that are red.
We are red, but also poorly managed. I am feeling like I have no choice but to search out "other places" to try to get the vaccine.

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadian-vaccine-snowbirds-florida-covid-19-1.5863640

Snowbirds who headed to Florida this winter — despite Canada's advisory not to travel abroad during the pandemic — have discovered an unexpected perk: They can sign up to get the COVID-19 vaccine potentially months before it's available to seniors in Canada.

Unlike many other U.S. states and Canadian provinces, Florida is offering COVID-19 vaccinations to seniors aged 65 and older during the first phase of its vaccine rollout.

On top of that, the state is allowing non-residents — including Canadian snowbirds — to get the shot.

"Anyone that can prove they are 65 years of age and older is eligible to receive a vaccine at no cost in Florida," the Florida Department of Health said in an email to CBC News.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles Evans

Beach Lover
Oct 31, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
We are red, but also poorly managed. I am feeling like I have no choice but to search out "other places" to try to get the vaccine.
Poorly managed is an under statement, especially when you consider that someone like Tony Anderson can get elected as a County Commissioner. Wouldn’t trust him with a potato gun and he has the ability to influence the County budget and how it spends our tax dollars. I doubt he understands most of the issues that come up for votes as just does whatever his local handlers tell him to do.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
He said places that didn't distribute fast enough would have it taken away and sent elsewhere. Desantis is a disaster.
It’s the PPE fiasco on a state citizen level. Everyone competing and fending for themselves.

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
('So glad we are AVOIDING political debates in this thread, and that we are focusing on useful and pertinent COVID-19 immunization dates/times/locations.....)