• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Kim Smith said:
You can call my husband on his cell, 404-391-5845. His name is Harold Smith. He owns 2 hardware stores here in Atlanta and carries them in his store. Just tell him from the So. Walton family and he can see what he can do. He did say he only had 2 left in his stock. He has sold about 14 in the past 2 weeks.

I think Atlanta and the Nooga have as many Mosquitos and SoWal. No biting flys though :cool:

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
All I know about the black sticky beach ball is - you paint it black - get a sticky gooy stuff from Frank's in Grayton and yellowflies will stick to them - OR

call Walton County Mosquito control and they will make one for you and even hang it!!!

I would think Frank's would know how to make one since they are specifically mentioned in the directions.

JC

Beach Lover
seagrovelover said:
Ok guys.....I have to tell you, this is freaking me out a little bit. We have vacationed in Seagrove for the past five years.....have had no trouble with yellow flies!! am I in for a surprise ???? we will be there on Sunday. :eek:
Yellow Flies come to town for about 6 weeks & should be out of here around the end of June.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Kim Smith said:
Yes, we have one of the Mesq. Magnetics and they do work. My husband sells them at his store in Atlanta and he also sells them through ebay.

Kim, what size area do they cover, do you know? Could I put it in the front yard and expect coverage in the back? Or do you need to haul it around with you when you move from area to area? Does it actually kill insects, or just repel them? Do you run it all the time, or just when you are outside? Thanks in advance! We are interested!

Kim Smith

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
BeachDreamer,

My husband would be able to answer those questions for you. You can call him on his cell at 404-391-5845, his name is Harold Smith. If you can't reach him on his cell try his store, that number is 770-939-6842, Handy Ace Hardware and make sure you ask for Harold Smith because there is another Harold that works in plumbing or you can email him at harold@handyacehardware.com.

JC

Beach Lover
BeachDreamer said:
Kim, what size area do they cover, do you know? Could I put it in the front yard and expect coverage in the back? Or do you need to haul it around with you when you move from area to area? Does it actually kill insects, or just repel them? Do you run it all the time, or just when you are outside? Thanks in advance! We are interested!
The one I got covers 1 acre. You put it anywhere you want it & it is easily moved if needed. They kill the insects by attracting them to the machine & trapping them in a net. The machine runs on propane from a gas cylinder like the ones used on grills & it runs all the time. The tank will need changing about every 3 to 4 weeks.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
JC said:
Yellow Flies come to town for about 6 weeks & should be out of here around the end of June.
Obviously, the yellow flies in my area failed to hear about this. They stick around for much longer than that.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
JC said:
The one I got covers 1 acre. You put it anywhere you want it & it is easily moved if needed. They kill the insects by attracting them to the machine & trapping them in a net. The machine runs on propane from a gas cylinder like the ones used on grills & it runs all the time. The tank will need changing about every 3 to 4 weeks.
Do they attract all insects? If so, what will be the effects to other creatures in our environment that rely on these or other insects for their food source? I don't mind swatting a few, but the birds and frogs have to eat too.