• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

for it

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2008
Ff2

Any two articles a year. Also there are memorandums of under standing between both sides that can be approached. The deputies best interest will be kept at all times by the PBA. :clap:

crazytimes

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2008
Give me a break. :angry:

said. The PBA was backing Danny, and we had been told that Danny was being backed by Ralph himself. There was just too much that we as deputies could not and did not trust. We just want to wait until there is a clean slate to work with then... we will work with the PBA, who we want to work with Mike, if its voted on.

PBA Rep

Beach Comber
Oct 28, 2008
Well ask Mr. Miller why then Ricky Mayo told deputies, at a meeting that held at the Sheriffs office, where he clearly stated that #1 Ralph contacted he. He also, stated that they wanted to push this through including the contract being wrote up before Jan 1st. Now ask yourself this WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT ? Why would we trust this? If it was done after the first under Mike Adkinson, who we now know is the Sheriff to be, we would not have a problem with it. I dont trust anything thats being said. The PBA was backing Danny, and we had been told that Danny was being backed by Ralph himself. There was just too much that we as deputies could not and did not trust. We just want to wait until there is a clean slate to work with then... we will work with the PBA, who we want to work with Mike, if its voted on.

Mr. Irisheyes,
Which meeting were you at, you seem to imply that you were at mine on the North end of the county in eariler post, now you are saying that you were at Mr. Mayo's Meeting on the South End. Which is it?

for it

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2008
taken out of context

Hey PBA rep. What Mr Mayo said was they needed a contract by the first for the deputies so they could look at it and adjustments made that they wanted for their benefit. Before he could actually finish explainjng the yes men for Atkinson were butting in. Only thing on their mind , I think was there goes my admin position. I did notice that a few deputies did take applications from him after the meeting. I just hope each deputy can think for themselves on the issues at hand not from the yes men for the new sheriff. I think Mr Atkinson had a meetihg at a waffle house on the union, were the PBA reps invited. Its not a timing issue, IT's a better pay and benefits for the deputies and job security.:clap:

As a taxpayer, this "better pay" stuff concerns me. I am all for job security for hard-working good employees, regardless of their personal politics. :clap:But to increase pay for government employees requires one of two approaches: cut services elsewhere or increase taxes. As far as cutting services, this can be internal( cut officers) or external(cut miles of roads paved for example). Neither is very attractive to either the citizens or the employees. That leaves raising taxes. There is no way that taxes can/will be raised in a down economy. So my advise to employees is unionize for job security if you want to, but postpone the higher salaries bid until the economy improves. You will get great support for the former, but I would not expect support for higher wages from construction workers who have not slung a hammer in months.:dunno:

leo101

Beach Comber
Oct 17, 2008
Mr. Irisheyes,
Which meeting were you at, you seem to imply that you were at mine on the North end of the county in eariler post, now you are saying that you were at Mr. Mayo's Meeting on the South End. Which is it?

One would think that when your trying to sell you service to a group of people the last thing you would want to do is put the majority of them on the defensive right of the bat.

Quoted from the lips of PBA rep " If your here to hijack this meeting you had better of brought your A game, cause I brought mine"... Now regardless of who you were directly addressing with that, it made a broad statement to all there to listen to you and put most on the defensive right off the bat. Now if thats how you negotiate with a sheriff, do us all a favor and stay at the house (if this even passes).

for it

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2008
taxes raised I think not

Walton county has approximately 99 million on hold, no need to raise taxes. Better pay means longevity. This means more experienced deputies, better morale,more professionalism.If Atkinson is smart he will use PBA to better the department as a whole.Work with the Union.

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
[I think Mr Atkinson had a meetihg at a waffle house on the union,

Ok, Tell me how do you have a meeting at the Waffle House? You have to go outside the Waffle House just to change your mind.:wave:

Walton county has approximately 99 million on hold, no need to raise taxes. Better pay means longevity. This means more experienced deputies, better morale,more professionalism.If Atkinson is smart he will use PBA to better the department as a whole.Work with the Union.

Who told you this stuff? My understanding is that Walton County has more like 10 mill in reserves which is about the minimum. The School Board is going into their reserves almost 5 mill this year and will deplete theirs unless something changes in the next two years. Many businesses are hurting and you cannot give away a house in this market. I would think anyone who has a job with any kind of benefits would be looking to keep it, that means "longevity." I am all for you keeping your job, but there will be a taxpayers uprising if someone trys to use a union to increase the budget, and thus taxes. If Mr. Adkinson is as smart as I believe, he will look to help the taxpayers, not hurt them. After all, we just voted out one spend-a-holic and don't need another.:bang:

PBA Rep

Beach Comber
Oct 28, 2008
One would think that when your trying to sell you service to a group of people the last thing you would want to do is put the majority of them on the defensive right of the bat.

Quoted from the lips of PBA rep " If your here to hijack this meeting you had better of brought your A game, cause I brought mine"... Now regardless of who you were directly addressing with that, it made a broad statement to all there to listen to you and put most on the defensive right off the bat. Now if thats how you negotiate with a sheriff, do us all a favor and stay at the house (if this even passes).

LEO101 you are here in an attempt to play Gotcha' games and cloud the judgement of other deputies, no matter what I or anyone else says here you will continue.... It will pass because no matter what you do or say, others in the Department realize the chance they have to secure their future. Now please stop trying to side step the issue. Sheriff elect Adkinson was protected under a PBA Contract while he was a Correctional Probation Officer and while he was a TPD Officer. If it was so wrong, why did he not give back any of the benefits that he recieved under the contract?
I believe the reasoning for you being anti-union is, you can't use the Good 'ol boy system to get ahead under a PBA Contract, you are judged on your merits as a Law Enforcement Officer, not on how much you cozy up to the administration.
Side note, What was discussed at the Meeting with Sheriff Elect Adkinson at the Waffle House? Why was the whole department not invited?

Have a nice day and be safe out there.

To the Deputies involved in the shooting last night, Good Job!!!
I hate that it had to end the way it ended, but you are the front line defense protecting all of us. Thank you!!!

Last edited: