• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WhoDat1

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
You said a mouthful there scooter. If anyone doe not believe you, they might take a look at the big three automakers.:yikes:

They've been turning out great cars the last few years. I've seen more and more people driving ford in particular. Thats UNION MADE baby! :D

Every business, union shop or not, gov't or not, is suffering right now in this failed economy.

I'm not so sure more bailouts are the answer....no one's bailing out the small business men and women across this nation. There's no "G" men knocking at my door with an offer to pay MY rent or mortgage.

How many government bail outs do you think our farmers see during a drought or when their crops freeze? This whole thing stinks...big government helping big business while the tax payers pay the tab....;-)

for it

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2008
Hey irisheyes is it true the new elected sheriff is going to hold meetings Friday about the union. At the civic center and the southside annex?

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
Hey irisheyes is it true the new elected sheriff is going to hold meetings Friday about the union. At the civic center and the southside annex?

The incoming Sheriff is holding a meeting with all employees probably to discuss any issues anyone would like to speak to him about. This is normal and should be used to inform yourselves of any questions or concerns anyone has about rumors they have heard and to get a feel as to what to expect from him and what may be expected of each of us.
At least everyone can get a chance to meet him and ask questions.

I still haven't been invited to meetings regarding the union, and the way things are going, probably won't be.:wave:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
The incoming Sheriff is holding a meeting with all employees probably to discuss any issues anyone would like to speak to him about. This is normal and should be used to inform yourselves of any questions or concerns anyone has about rumors they have heard and to get a feel as to what to expect from him and what may be expected of each of us.
At least everyone can get a chance to meet him and ask questions.

I still haven't been invited to meetings regarding the union, and the way things are going, probably won't be.:wave:
Maybe you need to cut back on the collard sandwiches;-)

Irisheyes

Beach Comber
Oct 22, 2008

For It,
Going on the assumption you are asking me this question as a fellow officer and not being a smart butt. Yes he is having two meetings. One in the north end at 3 and one in the South end at 5. It is to TALK to the deputies about whatever they want to talk about. To stop the rumors that have been spread about him and the things he is going to do, and not goign to do with the department. Also help ease their minds, and let them know his plans. I think thats a great idea for a new Sheriff to do. The reason I know he is doing the meetings is because letters have been posted at all sub stations. So you wont need a super secret password to enter (joke)
Hope that helps...:blush:

Irisheyes

Beach Comber
Oct 22, 2008
Well, forunately for me and all the other Reps, you can't fire me, I work for the State PBA, because I believe if you had that abililty, all of us would be unemployed. As far as you having a real problem with me, you would have a real problem with whoever the representative is. Since I don't know your name and you use the alias LEO101, I don't think you have to worry about it anyway, if there was a conflict between you and I, then another Staff Representative would represent you.
LEO101, you tend to talk in circles, and instead of talking about substances you try to mislead and talk to points that have no real bearing on a contract.
and I do think that you are cozying up with the new administration, it is pretty obvious by your post. I know you are not alone, there is about 10 others from what I'm being told internally.
Have and nice day. Be safe out there and vote PBA!!!

You have some nerve coming on here talking about Leo101 using an alias,when several postings back I asked when I called the number you provided whom should I ask for and you never answered. You want all of the deputies who are against the union to not believe the union is bad and put faith in PBA rep (you) and not listen to rumors going around, Yet here you are telling people on this forum that you "hear internally that there are about 10 or more cozying up to the new boss" Well I can almost bet ya a million dollars that my name was on that list. I personally have a hard time thinking that you are truly a PBA rep by the way you act on here. Your not just here to tell pros and cons. Your on here spreading rumors, of the anti union guys in the department, defending things that deputies have heard with their own ears in meetings, and calling them lies. That in itself is unprofessional, and I for one hope that if this union does get vote in that you have nothing to do with it, because my 13 year old acts more mature than you do.

By the way, I too heard of your little "you better bring your A game" Thats a great way to start off a meeting with a bunch of folks who already have fears of something so new. I wish you would sit back and realize 90 % of the deputies are not against PBA, just how it was started, who was behind it, and the fact that Rick Mayo stated that they wanted it pushed through before Mike came into office. Its almost as if everytime someone says that to you, it goes in one ear and out the other. If I were you I would be on here reassuring people, not talking smack about who is in with the new sheriff. I helped support that man, but I am not going to be a Captain,General, OR whatever other kinda bullcrap people have spread around. I did what I did, risking my job to do so at that because I believed he would be a good boss. Believe it or not I could care less.

for it

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2008
Hey Irisheyes I was not being a smart but, just a question. Are any of the deputies going to question the new sheriff about the union coming on board? I was told also that Mr Mayo said they would like the contract in place by the first for the benefit of the deputies, to have a base contract in place to build on. He also stated that he didnt care who the new sheriff was that the PBA would work with the new sheriff for the benefit of the deputies. He wanted a basic contract in place and that the deputies could vote yea or nay.

redsox

Beach Comber
Jun 25, 2008
Well, forunately for me and all the other Reps, you can't fire me, I work for the State PBA, because I believe if you had that abililty, all of us would be unemployed. As far as you having a real problem with me, you would have a real problem with whoever the representative is. Since I don't know your name and you use the alias LEO101, I don't think you have to worry about it anyway, if there was a conflict between you and I, then another Staff Representative would represent you.
LEO101, you tend to talk in circles, and instead of talking about substances you try to mislead and talk to points that have no real bearing on a contract.
and I do think that you are cozying up with the new administration, it is pretty obvious by your post. I know you are not alone, there is about 10 others from what I'm being told internally.
Have and nice day. Be safe out there and vote PBA!!!

PBA Rep,
I was the one that asked Mr. Mayo when he had a meeting with us, who was the person from this department that contacted the PBA about starting a union. Mr. Mayo replied " Sheriff Johnson". I stated that Sheriff Johnson said in the Defuniak Herald the day before that he could not be involved with the start of a union, because he was their employer and it would be illegal. Mr. Mayo replied " all I can say is that Sheriff Johnson contacted us". I am very shocked that the PBA would employee you. I make that statement on your very unprofessional postings. I also believe you may not even work for the PBA. If I am wrong please tell me your name, so I can confirm it with Mr. Jim Wiggins ( the director of organization for the PBA). This department has survived for a long time without a union and I believe that Mike Adkinson should be given the chance to show what he can do. You talk about 10 people cozying up with the new administration. That may be people that have been supporting them from the beginning. If that is not true, then the new administration is smart enough to see through their smoke screen. I think that if you became involved with this department, if the union goes through, you would not be beneifical. I make this decision again from your unprofessional postings on this forum.
The only people that want this union to go through are people that are trying to save their rank or position. Mike Adkinson is fair and honest, that is why he was elected Sheriff. That is also way my family supported him, because we believed he was the right canidate for the Office of the Sheriff. Can you also tell me how many Sheriff Offices in the State of Florida, have a PBA union in their department. The decision should also be lift up to the employees of the Sheriff Office, without any help from anyone from the Fire Department. A union with the Fire Department is not the same as a union with a Sheriff Office.
Thank you for taking time in reading my posting.

Last edited:

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
For It,
Going on the assumption you are asking me this question as a fellow officer and not being a smart butt. Yes he is having two meetings. One in the north end at 3 and one in the South end at 5. It is to TALK to the deputies about whatever they want to talk about. To stop the rumors that have been spread about him and the things he is going to do, and not goign to do with the department. Also help ease their minds, and let them know his plans. I think thats a great idea for a new Sheriff to do. The reason I know he is doing the meetings is because letters have been posted at all sub stations. So you wont need a super secret password to enter (joke)
Hope that helps...:blush:

Irisheyes, you didn't get your super secret password?:wave: oh, I'm sorry. Ooops