• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Mermaid said:
John, Sueshore is at Watercolor right now and will be 'til the end of the month. I bet if you PM'ed her, she'd check out the place you're interested in. She has this adorable puppy keeping her company, so she's always out for walks.
But, from what I've been reading, she dosen't have internet access. But I'll try anyway, and maybe have her actually walk past the ones we're considering.
Thanks for all your suggesions!

That's what I don't like about Watercolor - it's too darn far to the beach. You have to pack up every time you go so you don't have so many trips back and forth. I don't want to have to bike to the beach. I'll bike for exercise, but that's totally different.

That's the great thing about our house. No streets to cross, a 30-second walk to the beach walkover with no streets to cross, a private pool and hot tub with sitting room equpped with a mini-kitchen, TV, and full bath just steps away. So convenient. If the kids want to watch TV and you want to be at the pool, you can keep an eye on them inside while you're outside.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Beach Runner said:
That's what I don't like about Watercolor - it's too darn far to the beach. You have to pack up every time you go so you don't have so many trips back and forth. I don't want to have to bike to the beach. I'll bike for exercise, but that's totally different.

That's the great thing about our house. No streets to cross, a 30-second walk to the beach walkover with no streets to cross, a private pool and hot tub with sitting room equpped with a mini-kitchen, TV, and full bath just steps away. So convenient. If the kids want to watch TV and you want to be at the pool, you can keep an eye on them inside while you're outside.
That sounds perfect... but is it for rent?!

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
I have never minded a good walk to the beach except for the time I stayed in Seaside, and a thunderstorm approached, I was almost struck by lightning trying to get back the the cottage we rented--literally, lightning struck so close my hair was tingly and the little hairs on my arms stood up, quite a scary moment. Other than keeping an eye to the sky a walk is fun. But Joe is right in his distance calculations.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Beach Runner said:

For the love of God BR.....not EVERYONE can own or even rent a house on the beach!!!! Your place sounds lovely. But do remember, walking is good for you! My solution for anyone renting back off the beach here at WC is to grab your free bike (you get one free bike per bedroom) and maybe even rent one of thoses kiddie carriers to haul your stuff in!

I am using my friend's laptop right now, but will have one full time starting Thursday....let me know if I can do anything to help out in your decision making on rental plans!!!

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Johnrudy said:
O.K., having never stayed (or even seen) WaterColor, is it a terribly far walk from cottages that are located in the Park District &/or the Camp District to the beach? I think the latter must be very far, because of the considerably cheaper rates. We've viewed on-line a couple cottages on VRBO that look spectcular but we're just a little worried that they might be located so far away from eveything that we (that being the rest of the family and teenagers) will be griping & disappointed. Please share info that you may have. Thanks ~
Johnrudy,
We actually live in Watercolor in the Lake District. The Camp District is in Phase II which is really too far to walk to the beach. However, bikes come with the rental home as well as towels and beach chairs. We don't walk to the beach either although we are in Phase I, about 6 blocks or so, but it is pretty easy to ride down on bikes even for our 7 year old. You can also drive down and park under the beach club if you have lots of things to carry. We do this often to carry fishing rods, surf boards, etc. I wouldn't let anything you've heard on here deter you from staying in Watercolor, it is really a great place.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Santiago said:
Johnrudy,
We actually live in Watercolor in the Lake District. The Camp District is in Phase II which is really too far to walk to the beach. However, bikes come with the rental home as well as towels and beach chairs. We don't walk to the beach either although we are in Phase I, about 6 blocks or so, but it is pretty easy to ride down on bikes even for our 7 year old. You can also drive down and park under the beach club if you have lots of things to carry. We do this often to carry fishing rods, surf boards, etc. I wouldn't let anything you've heard on here deter you from staying in Watercolor, it is really a great place.
Thank you for this very helpful information!