• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dominoes

Beach Lover
Feb 17, 2008
While looking for a place in Watercolor, I found it VERY interesting at the network of real estate agent/ developers who are all working together to keep prices inflated in Watercolor. It is a great place, but if you are looking try to find a house that has a selling agent with only 1 or 2 listings, otherwise the network will let each other know you are looking and you will not find a reasonably priced home there. These short sales:clap: and foreclosures must be driving the NETWORK crazy because atleast for the short term, they can't control the prices.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Another house in WC has a contract on it for around $6 million.

Please give more details. There wasn't even a house listed on the MLS for over $5 million in Watercolor. How could one be under contract for $6 million? That would have been one heck of a bidding war in a down market.
I have to believe you don't have your facts straight.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
It has finally happened. Two homes closed this month for $300 per square foot. A 3400 sq ft sold earlier in the month for $900,000 and another 3400 sq ft. home sold for $1,050,000. The bottom is here and despite the optimism that spews from most real estate agents, things must be pretty desperate to see these prices. Just my 2 cents...

Hard not to be optimistic when you live in Paradise, pick your own hours, decide who you want to work with, and in a business that constantly changes! We are moving allot of inventory right now. The banks are working with short sales, foreclosures and people are pricing to sell. This market is as active as I have seen in 3 years. If you don't buy that come on by the office and look at our office pending drawer. The bottom is a good thing.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Just did a quick CMA over view of all sales and pendings in Watercolor since 01/01/2008. I removed all the sales that looked really high. The average sq. foot price per sale is still at $460 sq. foot. If you throw in everything on average you are back to $576.

full time

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2006
Hey Dominoes - instead of posting here, get out and sign up a few more sellers so we don't have to read another Watercolor conspiracy theory.

Dominoes

Beach Lover
Feb 17, 2008
Hey Dominoes - instead of posting here, get out and sign up a few more sellers so we don't have to read another Watercolor conspiracy theory.

Another conspiracy theory, you mean I am not the first to notice. Must be true or you wouldn't take such offense to it. Look at the POA Board members at WC and see how many of them are real estate agents or developers, interesting?

full time

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2006
No offense taken. I'm a firm believer that you eliminate the impossible and the merely improbable becomes the likely. Watercolor has so many different agents and agencies and developers and home builders working the community, it's probably one of the truer representatives of the actual market for high end second homes along 30-A. Therefore, you're theory about some vast colluding network of agents and developers is impossible bull&%$*. No offense.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
While looking for a place in Watercolor, I found it VERY interesting at the network of real estate agent/ developers who are all working together to keep prices inflated in Watercolor. It is a great place, but if you are looking try to find a house that has a selling agent with only 1 or 2 listings, otherwise the network will let each other know you are looking and you will not find a reasonably priced home there. These short sales:clap: and foreclosures must be driving the NETWORK
crazy because at least for the short term, they can't control the prices.:yikes:

You are not being serious are you? The so called NETWORK loves short sales and foreclosures. Product going under contract makes everyone happy. Where do you think they meet for this plan of price inflation. The bat cave! The majority of the pricing comes from sellers. An agent would have not interest in keeping a listing that is too high to try to maintain a value. Many sellers simply can not sell competitively so they just keep these high prices out there. Agents make money selling not listing too high to try to manipulate a market.