• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
I'm trying to post a new thread and I keep getting a fatal error. Anyway, looking for a 2 bedroom/2 bath cottage - simple and not expensive. Vacation home. Anywhere in sowal but must be close to beach. Can anyone point me to a website where I can begin searching and looking at prices. Thanks.

www.emeraldcoasthomesonline.com

Shnicklefritz

Beach Comber
Mar 13, 2008
Do I select the east and west walton county choices to cover all of sowal? I'm not that familiar with the area. Have driven through and have gotten confused where I was. Is Santa Rosa nice? Seacrest?

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Do I select the east and west walton county choices to cover all of sowal? I'm not that familiar with the area. Have driven through and have gotten confused where I was. Is Santa Rosa nice? Seacrest?

Try selecting South Santa Rosa Beach and South Walton East ... that should pretty much cover the 30A .... if you are interested in Miramar Beach or Sandestin, you can select South Walton West ....

Yes Santa Rosa Beach is nice and so is Seacrest .... it all depends on what you seek in a beach community ... each one along the 30A has a different energy and vibe .....

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington

If you are looking for something on or near Hwy 30A, select South Walton East and Santa Rosa Beach. South Walton West is (obviously) still part of Walton County, but it covers the Sandestin/Miramar Beach area, which is not on Hwy 30A. Santa Rosa Beach is the "official" town name for most of the communities along 30A, as well as north of 30A to the bay.

If I were you I would spend some time looking at a map to determine locations, but I can't really help you decide if something is "nice", it's just too subjective. What's nice to me might be nasty to you... The only way to really know which areas you'll like is to spend some time here first; the communities all have unique qualities and individual character.

Sowal.com is also a fantastic way to learn about the area, it was a huge help to me in deciding where I wanted to live. Go back to the home page and check out all of the tabs on the left side, especially the "tourism" and "links" tabs, that will be a good start for you...

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Got it. County records are wrong which is not surprising.

So, the actual data shows the sale to be even more out of range than the county records show. $900 per square foot in Phase II or a 100% premium over the average price per square foot. :yikes: Regardless of quality, finishes, etc, that price seems a tad high. Good news for the seller for sure. Probably not so good for the buyer from an investment perspective.
Current closed house sales data for 2008 in Watercolor:
Phase 1 - $619/sq ft - 3 closed sales/5 sales not closed yet
Phase 2 - $399/sq ft - 5 closed/4 not closed
Phase 3 - $416/sq ft - 7 closed/2 not closed
Phase 4 - No sales in 08
Sq. Ft. is based on only heated/AC space.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Current closed house sales data for 2008 in Watercolor:
Phase 1 - $619/sq ft - 3 closed sales/5 sales not closed yet
Phase 2 - $399/sq ft - 5 closed/4 not closed
Phase 3 - $416/sq ft - 7 closed/2 not closed
Phase 4 - No sales in 08
Sq. Ft. is based on only heated/AC space.

Are your price per square foot nimbers based on the actual closed sales noted above or do they include the pending sales too?

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Are your price per square foot nimbers based on the actual closed sales noted above or do they include the pending sales too?
On closed sales only as final selling price not available until after close.

For the Record check out our Sowal friend Tsutcli's Lot

For the record: If your in the market for a good Watercolor Lot check out fellow Sowal'r TSUTCLI 's Lot in Watercolor. Lot 8, Mere Ridge. I think this one is a great one. If you can check out the aerial view on the Property Appraiser site you will probably agree.