• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
While I don’t know who is behind the group that developed the posted ads advocating for Mr. Fletcher and Mrs. Nipper, I think it’s likely safe to say that the individuals involved are not Mr. Blue or Commissioner Jones.

I don't think the notion that C. Jones is behind this is that far fetched. I think its entirely possible and wouldn't put it past her because I truly believe she is just that evil. I've known that woman many many years and I know what she as well as her husband are capable of. Ms. Jones has completely destroyed public trust and confidence while cavorting around the County with T. Anderson making her personal agenda abundantly clear. I do however still believe the more likely culprit is Mike Huckabee. That's just my opinion.

I am aware of everything you have written about Bill Fletcher and Ms. Nipper from having visited their websites and listened to the WCTA candidate forum.They both have several things still going for them IMO. Neither of them are born and raised in Walton County and couldn't be considered "good ole boys", they have not been re-cycled in County Government for decades and neither seem to have any apparent hidden agendas in running for public office. I have not ruled them out completely based on those fliers but in my mind those fliers raised a huge red flag and again, its not an unlikely scenario that it was done by career politicians who know they have the votes to keep things as they are if Chapman and Imfield are re-elected. I am also aware of Mr. Fletcher's many contributions and work in our Community and Ms. Nipper's military career. My angst against Ms. Nipper is that I think she lacks the experience of "community" and civic mindedness or service in the Community but has very impressive military credentials. (I hope that makes sense.) If you recall, Mr. Imfield came to Walton County with impeccable credentials with the FBI and financial management and look what that got us. (At least a million dollars of taxpayer money simply gone and not a soul held accountable.) Mr. Imfield is also very hostile and has a volatile disposition that I think is uncalled given that he was elected to serve the people he is so hostile against! Chapman was/is simply a re-cycled "good ole boy". Can't really say much negative about him because I do think he was an OK cop, a personable sort but also lacking in experience. I just think he was/has been in over his head and has been led by people who have agendas that are not necessarily in the best interest of the County as a whole.

Back to the fliers...Walton County (as backward as it still is) is NOT a 3rd world country where we have to fear retribution from our government. We don't risk being imprisoned, brutally beaten, having our fingernails or toenails removed or water boarded for our political beliefs. I understand people want change but hiding in the shadows is what people did to avoid concentration camps! Its NOT what we do as a society in America. We have nothing to hide and nothing to fear. Be LOUD and be PROUD about who and what you are and what you want to see accomplished for yourselves, your Community and who you want to see elected to govern where you live, work and play. Anything less than that is SUSPECT. The fact people want to remain in the shadows calling for reform is SUSPECT and it is NOT the way to achieve OPEN, HONEST GOVERNMENT.

I also said I believe Mr. Fletcher does not know whose behind those fliers. I believe that but I also believe the way to OPEN HONEST GOVERNMENT shouldn't be to encourage hidden behavior (the fliers) with gratitude. Run on your own merits, what you have personally accomplished, what you have personally done to keep your campaign open honest and in the sunshine. Be you, be honest, be sincere and if elected continue the principals and beliefs that you stood for before you got elected.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
P.S. lazin&drinkin This really isn't relevant but you alluded to it so I'll address it. I did not attend the last WCTA candidate forum and in all likelihood will not attend the next one. I have health and personal issues that prevent me from doing so but I am listening and I do want to make informed decisions. I would like to see more from the candidates on this forum about where they stand on the issues but I also believe you need some pretty think skin. If you're running for public office, no one promised you a rose garden. Its not all sugar and spice and everything nice. Politics has a way of polarizing people because it effects their lives, their families, their jobs and their political and moral beliefs.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
...most of us who have lived here for any length of time, are actual natives to the area or have owned homes and businesses since long before it was taken over by builders and developers...
I don't understand this perspective? I believe I have seen this in other posts of yours?

How long have you lived here? Does it make you a better resident or give you a sense of special privledge or entitlement?

And what is your beef with builders & developers?

TIA

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I don't understand this perspective? I believe I have seen this in other posts of yours?

And?

How long have you lived here? Does it make you a better resident or give you a sense of special privledge or entitlement?

Over 30 years. No.

And what is your beef with builders & developers?

Sustainability, lack of adequate roads, bridges and infrastructure particularly in SoWal, overgrowth

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Sustainability, lack of adequate roads, bridges and infrastructure particularly in SoWal, overgrowth
Generalizing. And not the fault of builders.

As a 30 year resident you obviously know the huge amounts of forests/conservation lands in S Walton.

If builders & developers are doing business under the land development code and comprehensive plan, how is any of your concerns their fault?

Or, are you of the opinion that growth should have stopped the day after your house was built. :lol:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

As a 30 year resident you obviously know the huge amounts of forests/conservation lands in S Walton.

If builders & developers are doing business under the land development code and comprehensive plan, how is any of your concerns their fault?

Or, are you of the opinion that growth should have stopped the day after your house was built. :lol:

Let me ask you a question. How long have you lived here?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Hmm ok.

Again, what's your point? You can't build on conservation land or in the forrest and we have folks in Walton County who have worked tirelessly to protect those lands. Thank goodness for them!

It's not the fault of builders who EXPLOITED a very bad LDC and Comprehensive plan? Then I guess you'll be overjoyed when they are no longer able to exploit them right? Even if it hurts them financially? I just bet you will be ecstatic!

Actually, I live in NoWal, inside the City limits and I have the amenities that I need to sustain my way of life in my community...not so for many in SoWal. Since SoWal is part of Walton County it's also part of the community in which I live. As a citizen of the County I think it's its incumbent on all of us to care about our Community and do our part to protect our home. I don't think growth needs to come to a complete stop but I do believe that the current rate of growth has placed undue burdens on our roads, bridges and infrastructure in SoWal and we need to fix that, sooner than later!

I also recognize that you are being impudent and obviously think you're funny. I'm not amused and I'm quite sure that most of SoWal isn't either.

Last edited:

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Let me ask you a question. How long have you lived here?
Not sure of the revelance in the conversation. An assumption on my part, but you appear to be a long time resident who's unhappy with the growth that has occurred.
However, I will answer your question. We are nearing 4 decades here. (Although we began residency in the Crystal Beach area of Destin) :)

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Again, what's your point? You can't build on conservation land or in the forrest and we have folks in Walton County who have worked tirelessly to protect those lands. Thank goodness for them!

My point: there is plenty of green space in S Walton. You make it seem as if builders have mowed the place down and built on every square foot.
And yes, I'm thankful for those before me with the vision to preserve.

It's not the fault of builders who EXPLOITED a very bad LDC and Comprehensive plan? Then I guess you'll be overjoyed when they are no longer able to exploit them right? Even if it hurts them financially? I just bet you will be ecstatic!
I don't agree that builders have exploited anything. Please point out the bad portions of the LDC and Comp Plan.
Have you ever tried to obtain a Development Order? Or obtain a building permit?

Actually, I live in NoWal, inside the City limits and I have the amenities that I need to sustain my way of life in my community...not so for many in SoWal. Since SoWal is part of Walton County it's also part of the community in which I live. As a citizen of the County I think it's its incumbent on all of us to care about our Community and do our part to protect our home. I don't think growth needs to come to a complete stop but I do believe that the current rate of growth has placed undue burdens on our roads, bridges and infrastructure in SoWal and we need to fix that, sooner than later!

I'm happy for you in N Walton. I love N Walton and enjoy that part of the county. I spend quite a bit of time there, along with the Ponce de Leon part of Holmes Co.
Infrastructure is continually being addressed in a growing county. And if you look around, or do research, it's happening right now.

I also recognize that you are being impudent and obviously think you're funny. I'm not amused and I'm quite sure that most of SoWal isn't either.

I'm not being impudent at all. I'm a pretty humble person. And hope I've shown no ill will toward you or anyone else on this forum. I'm also a realist with realist opinions.
A little humor IMO, keeps opinions from becoming personal attacks. If we can't laugh along the journey...the destination really is bittersweet.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
My point: there is plenty of green space in S Walton. You make it seem as if builders have mowed the place down and built on every square foot.

There are 26 miles of beach in Walton County with little or no undeveloped beachfront. That isn't just a mowing...it has been plowed!

I don't agree that builders have exploited anything. Please point out the bad portions of the LDC and Comp Plan.
Have you ever tried to obtain a Development Order? Or obtain a building permit?

Read the report from the Grand Jury Investigation in Sept. of 2015 and get back with me on that!