• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Today as I was looking through Social Media someone asked "when the voters were going to elect competent County Commissioners."
Knowing there will be disagreement about issues, my question are you happy overall or dissatisfied?
Do you feel that a majority are doing more than others to make positive change?

Be Nice and Be Constructive

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Danny lost me when he decided to accept and perpetuate the big lie.

The other four are just place holders and a puppet for someone's agenda.

IMO anytime a candidate is quizzed on national divisive issues they are probably competent and looking out for their constituents.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
All I know is what I see online or a bit in the papers. Seems like a lot of local yokels with limited education and knowledge of the outside world.

And just more of the good ole boys with their hands out ... and this thing with the TDC is interesting. Bed tax payers want the TDC to snap to and spend on advertising. Does the BCC trying to take the TDC away to do more infrastructure stuff? Why turn the TDC into just another bureaucratic department with low level managers? Spend on businesses other than bed tax collectors? Other reasons? If they are puppets of developers wouldn't they be biting the hand that feeds them since dvelopment and tourism go hand in hand?

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
TDC needs to focus less on advertising and more on improving the tourist and local experience. There has been more of a shift toward this in recent years, but we have a long way to go. As for our commissioners, Tony and Trey do not represent their constituents. They are puppets to a select few. Danny, Boots, and Barker are doing a much better job. We desperately need better representation south of the bay that is more focused on residents and infrastructure and less focused on developers and other influential individuals.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Been reading about some of the recent rulings by planning commission. The Solar Farm which was approved by the Planning and then disapproved by the BCC, then negotiated to an approval.
The RV park on Moll Dr. Approved for a change in zoning and disapproved by the BCC.
Am I wrong to assume these folks are appointed to these boards by the individual members of the BCC?

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Been reading about some of the recent rulings by planning commission. The Solar Farm which was approved by the Planning and then disapproved by the BCC, then negotiated to an approval.
The RV park on Moll Dr. Approved for a change in zoning and disapproved by the BCC.
Am I wrong to assume these folks are appointed to these boards by the individual members of the BCC?
What was the opposition to the solar? I read a bit about neighboring farmers worried their farms and way of life would be harmed? Seems like unfounded fear to me. Was there something more? Solar seems better than heavy industrial next door or urban sprawl subdivisions.

Katie_lied

Beach Lover
May 26, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
I don’t know the particulars about the solar farm. However, in regards to the RV Park, the BCC’s decision was definitely the correct way to go. If approved, it would have been devastating for the Edgewood Terrace neighborhood.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
I don’t know the particulars about the solar farm. However, in regards to the RV Park, the BCC’s decision was definitely the correct way to go. If approved, it would have been devastating for the Edgewood Terrace neighborhood.
Devastating? Really? Devastating?

Why?

Katie_lied

Beach Lover
May 26, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
How would you like to put up with the lights and noise of a parking lot and bathhouse 24/7. Not to mention the traffic on Moll Drive which is dedicated to family uses and interests. Do you think SoWal needs a tacky RV park adjacent to a community park, churches and single family residences? Would you want to sit in your yard looking out at that? Is it okay as long as it’s not your neighborhood?