• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We had no problem getting financing from a bank for our MANUFACTURED HOME. Sorry you had a bad experience. It’s nice to live within walking distance to Gulf Place. Why are you so adamant about spot rezoning to allow for a commercial RV park in the middle of what is clearly an established neighborhood community? And may I add a “historic” community by SoWal standards. Rumor has it that St. Rita’s is interested in expanding on that property.

“I find it hysterical that a resident of Edgewood Terrace, a trailer park community, would be upset about an RV park.“ Why not? Why should we have less concern about what goes in next door than say a resident of Grayton Beach? Snarky assumptions don’t look good on someone who professes to be such a liberal progressive in the SoWal Lounge. BTW, we seem to be in agreement about politics.

Since you want to continue...

All of the original mobile homes installed in Edgewood Terrace were installed below code requirements at the time. This was confirmed by both an engineer who inspected it and the original sales manager who still lives here. Additional mobile homes have been installed over the years and congratulations on finding one that was installed properly.

You are focused on "snarky responses" and not facts. Attacking my political beliefs has nothing to do with this. If you know anything about Catholic Churches you'd know that the Arch Diocese in Pensacola has no plans for expansion.

Katie_lied

Beach Lover
May 26, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
Since you want to continue...

All of the original mobile homes installed in Edgewood Terrace were installed below code requirements at the time. This was confirmed by both an engineer who inspected it and the original sales manager who still lives here. Additional mobile homes have been installed over the years and congratulations on finding one that was installed properly.

You are focused on "snarky responses" and not facts. Attacking my political beliefs has nothing to do with this. If you know anything about Catholic Churches you'd know that the Arch Diocese in Pensacola has no plans for expansion.
I’m a non-practicing Catholic, however, I keep up with going-ons. Look, my husband worked on this case. He was the zoning administrator for the city of Birmingham, AL before retiring, and then becoming a senior planner for Shelby county and retiring from that position. He worked closely with SWCC, St. Rita, and others to defeat this request for spot re-zoning. Thus, we’re a little more informed than you.

I don’t know why you have such an interest that a commercial RV park was turned down for zoning change in a neighborhood you obviously don’t live in?

Additionally, I didn’t attack your political beliefs. I insinuated that I read stuff in the lounge and I agree with you pretty much 100% of the time. Just saying it’s not good look for a professed liberal. If I lived in a more affluent neighborhood, I would still support the lower income communities having a voice about what happens in their ‘hoods.

Finally, peace to you! I’ll go back to the lounge to enjoy the discussions there. We gotta keep up the good fight to protect our democracy, right?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Good Job Commissioners, on movement towards parking enforcement and taking a stand on "Monster House" occupancy.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Good Job Commissioners, on movement towards parking enforcement and taking a stand on "Monster House" occupancy.

I'll be impressed when they write tickets. This is akin to code enforcement issuing nothing but warnings.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I'll be impressed when they write tickets. This is akin to code enforcement issuing nothing but warnings.
I agree, but remaining positive. Commissioner Glidewell made a comment on FB that give me reason to hope.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
Driving along 30A yesterday I was amazed at the number of people parking on the shoulders. It was pretty haphazard and a lot of soft sand and dropoffs and holes. The edge of the road is getting chewed up in places.

I echo that we should make it safer to do so like the areas along Grayton Beach with brick pavers and oak trees. The trees will provide some shade, are attractive, and help to slow traffic.

And stop neighborhoods from putting up no parking signs and blocking roadside parking with landscaping and fences.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The county actually has a statutory duty to maintain the ROW for emergency stopping and by allowing people to take it over and place boulders, fences and all sorts of other crap puts us the tax payers at risk for a giant lawsuit.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
The county actually has a statutory duty to maintain the ROW for emergency stopping and by allowing people to take it over and place boulders, fences and all sorts of other crap puts us the tax payers at risk for a giant lawsuit.
Boulders and fences are heinous behavior.