• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
What in the world is going on with these kids and in many cases the parents too! Seems as the popularity of the area grows, so do the problems. The last 2 nights saw a very large presence from the Sheriff's office on the East End of 30A. Seacrest and Rosemary areas are particularly seeing problems with kids traveling in "packs". They are rude, foul mouthed, disrespectful and seem to just dare anyone to say anything to them. Tonight our sheriff's office had 5 cars at The Villages and dis-banded everyone, young and old, because of pure out of control behavior. Several businesses in the area had to close early, because of this. Not cool! Lost business is lost income for not only the business owners, but all of their employees! Notre why the management down at the hub can maintain outdoor activities, but the Villages can't. As business owners we certainly need to crack down and not tolerate the outrageous behavior of the visitors here. We certainly welcome our visitors, because without them, we wouldn't see our businesses thrive, vacation home owners would have no demand for rentals of their properties, and locals would have no employment. But my gosh, something has to give! I really am getting tired of being flipped off by a group of 12 year olds inside my own business and some of the adults aren't much better!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Sounds like a riot in the beginning stages.

There is and has been a new breed of tourist that comes here. The old ones everyone loved have moved on to areas that don't allow the nonsense that is prevalent here.

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
We seem to be heading down the same path as PCB was a couple years ago. I hope no one has to get shot or assaulted on the beach in Sowal before we -- the whole community -- come to our senses.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Sounds like a riot in the beginning stages.

There is and has been a new breed of tourist that comes here. The old ones everyone loved have moved on to areas that don't allow the nonsense that is prevalent here.
Or moved here and now dislike visitors and whine about local government.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
What in the world is going on with these kids and in many cases the parents too! Seems as the popularity of the area grows, so do the problems. The last 2 nights saw a very large presence from the Sheriff's office on the East End of 30A. Seacrest and Rosemary areas are particularly seeing problems with kids traveling in "packs". They are rude, foul mouthed, disrespectful and seem to just dare anyone to say anything to them. Tonight our sheriff's office had 5 cars at The Villages and dis-banded everyone, young and old, because of pure out of control behavior. Several businesses in the area had to close early, because of this. Not cool! Lost business is lost income for not only the business owners, but all of their employees! Notre why the management down at the hub can maintain outdoor activities, but the Villages can't. As business owners we certainly need to crack down and not tolerate the outrageous behavior of the visitors here. We certainly welcome our visitors, because without them, we wouldn't see our businesses thrive, vacation home owners would have no demand for rentals of their properties, and locals would have no employment. But my gosh, something has to give! I really am getting tired of being flipped off by a group of 12 year olds inside my own business and some of the adults aren't much better!

This sounds like a media worthy incident to report on, yet nothing on WCSO Sites or local papers, news outlets...

Wonder why? :dunno:

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Bottom line is you asked for it, you got it. Interesting when business owners who benefit from tourism begin to complain. The beginning of the end? We can only hope.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Or moved here and now dislike visitors and whine about local government.

Or just doesn't like to see this sort of :poop: on our local news:

Part of South Walton implements 8 pm curfew
Three big developments along 30A in South Walton are implementing an emergency curfew for the rest of this week due to problems with underage kids.

According to a representative with the homeowners association of the Villages of South Walton, effective immediately and for the next couple of nights, you'll have to be over 21 to be out on property after 8 pm at Villages of South Walton, Seacrest Beach or Rosemary Beach.

According to an email from Anita Sanders to WJHG/WECP, the 8 pm curfew comes in response to "underage drinking , large fights, unruly teens, belligerent teen with police. This week has been a nightmare."

Sanders says live music at the Peddlers Pavilion has been cancelled for Thursday and Friday nights. The Villages of South Walton will also not allow anyone on property without armbands issued by the Village after 8 pm.

Last edited by a moderator:

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
This has been getting worse every year--those of us who own rental properties dread the Atlanta public school Spring Break weeks. These kids have no respect for other people, property and any kind of rules or regulations. Sad.

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
Bottom line is you asked for it, you got it. Interesting when business owners who benefit from tourism begin to complain. The beginning of the end? We can only hope.

I agree, enough is enough. STOP BUILDING. It`s funny how these tourons come down here to get away from the big city life, once they get here they say we don`t have this or that. Next thing you know the big city crap is here and we are now just like any place USA.