• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
How are they developing the north side of 30A?

My understanding was that the land had to remain scrub oak preservation?

Isn't St. Joe planning to develop north of 30A in that general area as well? How can you spell T-R-A-F-F-I-C?

The loss of the large areas of vacant property with the native oaks, etc., will contribute to the demise of 30A as we knew it.

But by the time it is fully developed in 10 or so years, i will probably be living in California. Our son-in-law has a fabulous job waiting for him at Google in Mountain View, CA, when he finishes his Ph.D. I'll want to be close to my future grandchildren.

That being said, it will make me sad because I love SoWal.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Most of the land north of 30A in that area is state land. Further east JOE does own land surrounding the road that cuts from 98 to 30A. Most likely that will be additional golf courses in the future.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I was under the impression that the Prominence property consisted of approximately 60 acres with 30 being on each side of 30a.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
How are these new residents supposed to get to the beach? Drive? Where are these 500+ cars supposed to park, once they go to the beach?

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
How are these new residents supposed to get to the beach? Drive? Where are these 500+ cars supposed to park, once they go to the beach?

Of course they could drive to any of several public access' ( Inlet Beach would be the best and closest ). Prominence will be providing transportation, I can only assume, to the Deer Lake State Park access which is the closest. Very little parking for the public but that may change - also sanitation facilities are basic. Very long walk to the beach from parking lot. Not every ones cup of tea especially with kids.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
I can't find the thread, but there was talk some time back about a new access road connecting 30a and 98 somewhere between Watersound Parkway and 395. I don't know what came of that, but with all this additional traffic it seems like it might be a good idea to consider.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008

WHat about the tens of thousands of new homes coming in the next ten years all along hwy 98 and up 331 all the way to the interstate?

I can't find the thread, but there was talk some time back about a new access road connecting 30a and 98 somewhere between Watersound Parkway and 395. I don't know what came of that, but with all this additional traffic it seems like it might be a good idea to consider.

The project would have to be through state forest and over the bodies of many locals lying in the path.