• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Just Drove by there today at lunch.

Seems water is very low and significant erosion along the banks near bridge.

Orange cones out and visible damage.

Sure no one dug it out?

I was told that someone did, thus my starting the post.
I can't swear to it. Info I received was that it broke out about 2 am according to camera footage that was available. No signs of people or vehicles visible in the footage, but it was the middle of the night so unless the moon was bright, who knows?

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
So, am I getting the gist of this thread, that everyone would rather that this lake not break-out anymore? Obviously the county didn't build the right bridge for that situation. I guess it will become a Panama City Beach style lake. What a shame.
They're blaming it on rain.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Wow, rain in Florida! Who would have thunk. :blink:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Before, during, and after.
Its amazing to watch a dune lake doing dune lake things after a week of rain. Good to see it taking care of itself without intervention from anyone. Dont know if Eastern Lake does, but Western Lake has some awesome blue crabbing when it breaks.:drool:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
People say the blue crabs are back in Eastern Lake. The inlet has been healthy for almost a year now.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
People say the blue crabs are back in Eastern Lake. The inlet has been healthy for almost a year now.
Glad to hear they are back. One sign of a healthy ecosystem.

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
That video is awesome. Thanks for sharing! May I make a motion for a nature forum?