So, I thought I would take a minute and give you all an update. I started taking Chantix on Saturday. I have to say it is a miracle drug. I wanted to try and do this without any help, but I soon realized that I was going to need it. My doc prescribed the Chantix and I have to admit I was a little nervous about taking it. I hate to take any kind of medicine. I was also very skeptical about its affect. However, my brother was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker for over 30 years. He took the Chantix for two weeks and has not had a desire at to smoke at all. It has been a little over 3 months for him now. It is recommended for use for 12 weeks. I can tell you that after just 3 days of this stuff my desire to smoke has almost completely disappeared. It is so strange to think I want to smoke, and try to only to be completely and totally disgusted by it. I have not had any of the side effects on it, yet. I hope I don't. We go to our 3rd class tomorrow night. The class is really helping me as well.
Has anyone else taken Chantix and quit?
Thanks again for all the words of encouragement, they mean a lot to me. Will keep you posted.