• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Luladoss44

Beach Crab
Jun 18, 2021
Myrtle beach sc
Is it normal for puss to come out of yellow fly bites after applying cortizone cream my hand is swollen so is the cortizone drawing out the puss thanks for any advice first time dealing with yellow fly bites

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Is it normal for puss to come out of yellow fly bites after applying cortizone cream my hand is swollen so is the cortizone drawing out the puss thanks for any advice first time dealing with yellow fly bites
I believe puss is a symptom of an infection.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
No...that's not normal. That's infection. Don't let that progress...

Imperialegg

Beach Comber
Aug 9, 2018
Inlet Beach, FL
I believe puss is a symptom of an infection.
If you have been scratching it like crazy, it spreads it all around under the skin and then it can become infected, resulting in disgusting pus. I got bit in 4 places in one day and it was horrible. I used Extra Strength Benedryl Antihistamine with Lidocaine numbing spray on and off all day and even then I still could not resist a little bit of scratching. My bites turned into silver dollar and larger sized red blotches. I don't think cortisol is helping anything. When you first get bit you need anti-itch which means a LOT of lidocaine. If you are infected already, you need hydrogen peroxide and then a topical antibacterial ointment.