Zac Brown Band

Discussion in 'Music and Nightlife' started by Hop, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Geo

Geo Beach Fanatic

So I'm doing that thing where I didn't read the whole thread but I'm posting a question (that might have already come up). SORRY!

Since we have the SoWal connection with this talented act does this mean we stand a chance to get these guys to come play at a beach bonfire? We'll keep it on the down low.

2. Foodlover

Foodlover Beach Fanatic

Congratulations Hop! How proud you must be!

3. JT

JT Beach Lover

Hop, I started playing their music up on Lake Lanier last summer and every one loves them.

Tell him thanks for me.....Now my friends dont hate me for playing Buffett all the time.

Not that theres anything wrong with that!!!

4. Hop

Hop Beach Fanatic

5. Beachduck

Beachduck Beach Comber

What a great show. I am watching it now for the second time. They seem to have a common appreciation for real music. A legend and one in the making.

6. Hop

Hop Beach Fanatic

Yeah, they really seemed to hit it off. Zac is a super down to earth guy. They are the real deal! How cool would it be to hang with Jimmy Buffett?!?!?

7. gardening1970

gardening1970 Beach Fanatic

Finally got to see this Crossroads episode - it was great! So glad they sang Free. Love that one from an older Zac Brown Band CD I have. My husband saw them at an Atl bar a few years ago and brought home 2 signed CDs which we played to death... before Chicken Fried.

On the same CD I think, there is an awesome cover of Romeo and Juliet - a Mark Knopfler song. Give it a listen if you stumble across it sometime. Better than the original in my opinion.

8. ccamyharrison

ccamyharrison Beach Comber

Zac Brown Band will be at Verizon Wireless BamaJam Music & Arts Festival in June!

***Zac Brown Band will be at the Verizon BamaJam Music & Arts Festival in Enterprise, AL June 3-5. Exact artist schedule to be announced soon. Get your tickets now!! 3-day passes are $130 for a limited time!! For complete lineup and more, visit www.bamajammusicfestival.com ***

9. The Hangout Festival

The Hangout Festival Beach Comber

Don't miss Zac Brown Band, along with other headliners including Trey Anastasio and TAB, John Legend, Ben Harper and Relentless7, The Black Crowes, Alison Krauss and Union Station, plus The Flaming Lips, Ray LaMontagne and many others. For more information, as well as to purchase single day or weekend passes, visit us online at The Hangout Beach, Music & Arts Festival. The festival will be held from May 14-16 in Gulf Shores, Alabama! Let's see a huge contingent of SoWal'ers at The Hangout to support these artists!

10. sullygromo

sullygromo Beach Lover

These guys are my favorite new band...awesome musicians, great tunes...wasn't really aware of them until the CMT thing w/ Buffett. Props to your brother!

11. Hop

Hop Beach Fanatic

HIGHWAY 20 Ride Goes #1

Highway 20 Ride - The Zac Brown Band Community

Zac Brown Band is the first band in history to have FOUR country number ones in a row off a debut album... and we owe it all to you!! Thank you for the support, calling your favorite country radio station and everything you do!!!Love, Peace and Chicken Grease. Zac Brown Band

12. jswbjw

jswbjw Beach Comber

Saw Zac Brown with Jimmy Buffett Last Night

:clap: I was at the Jimmy Buffett concert in Atlanta last night and had the unexpected bonus of getting to see Zac Brown join Jimmy for 3 songs. They also played a couple of clips from the CMT special during intermission. Anyway, just wanted to let you know the concert was great and your brother helped to make the show. Jimmy actually said he was "passing the torch" to Zac - nice endorsement! BTW - love "Toes" and "Where the Boat Leaves From" - both will be in heavy rotation on my ipod when I get to Seagrove in a few weeks.

13. gardening1970

gardening1970 Beach Fanatic

We have tickets for the Atlanta (Alpharetta) Zac Brown Band concert on May 8th. Really looking forward to it.

The Jimmy Buffett concert must have been amazing. I thought about snagging lawn seats for that one. One year I'm going to do it.

14. jswbjw

jswbjw Beach Comber

I really recommend going to at least one Buffett show if for nothing but the people watching experience. We have been going ever since college (more years than I want to count:blush:) and each year is different and never ever boring. Wait until the week before and try tickets on e-bay - I'm sure you will find a steal, even on reserved seats.

Hope to see you at Lakewood next year!

15. Hop

Hop Beach Fanatic

16. sunspotbaby

sunspotbaby SoWal Insider

Love it Hop! Thanks!

17. waterbug

waterbug Beach Crab

Loved the show!

Saw them in Memphis last week. Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! They can play those instruments!! Will be seeing them again. :clap:

18. ROLLTIDE9630

ROLLTIDE9630 Beach Crab

My wife and I saw them in Birmingham Friday night and they were awesome as usual. We have seen them in person eight times in the past two years and they keep getting better and better!!!

19. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

My son and his wife saw them here in Memphis at Mud Island this past Thursday night. And wouldn't you know that it would get stormy looking and start with the lightning and some rain down there. He said it did not rain that much though, kind of blew over he said. Said the concert lasted about 3 1/2 hours. He said the place was packed.

20. happy2Bme

happy2Bme Beach Fanatic