Century 21 Blue Marlin Golf Tournament Oct 20 to Benefit Five Local Charities
October 16, 2017 by SoWal Staff
Take a swing for a good cause (actually five!) at Century 21 Blue Marlin's 5th Annual Charity Golf Tournament on October 20th at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, presented by the Henderson Beach Resort! In honor of five years, the annual tournament will benefit FIVE local charities: Alaqua Animal Refuge, Lighthouse Family Retreat, Special Olympics Florida - Okaloosa County, Trees on the Coast, and Youth Village.
If you think you're the next Bubba Watson, then we want you to sign up for the Tournament! Registration starts at 11 a.m. at the Regatta Bay Club House, and the shotgun start is at 1 p.m. Cost to participate is $150 Individually, or $500 for a Foursome. To sign up your team, contact Lexi@ProffittPR.com.
Come hungry (and thirsty) because golfers will receive a complimentary breakfast from Another Broken Egg, a sack lunch from The Local Market, and dinner at the Club House fromLandsharks Pizza Co., along with ice cold brews from Grayton Beer Company!
After the Tournament, be sure to stick around for the After Party at the Club House! Bid on Silent Auction Items, put your name in the Raffle Drawing, order a drink, and get ready to sing along with the band! Everyone is invited to join in on the fun, so even if you aren't golfing, stop on by and help raise money for these five charities!
CALLING ALL SPONSORS: It's not too late to step up and become a sponsor. Century 21 Blue Marlin has a few opportunities still available. If you're interested in learning more about how you can get involved, please contact Lexi@ProffittPR.com.
“It is such a milestone for us to have reached our fifth year of charitable giving through our Blue Marlin Charity Golf Tournament,” said Century 21 Blue Marlin Co-Broker, Jerry Sullivan. “After meeting with our Tournament Board of Directors we knew we had to do something big for the 2017 tournament celebrating half a decade. We hope with the help of the community, sponsors and past tournament participants that we can raise the largest amount yet for these five diverse and deserving local charities.”
- Alaqua Animal Refuge is a no-kill animal sanctuary and adoption center located in Freeport, Florida. A member of the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries, Alaqua believes that every abused, neglected and homeless animal deserves a second chance.
- Lighthouse Family Retreat serves families living through childhood cancer by creating environments on seaside retreats where they can rest, restore relationships, experience joy and find hope in God.
- Special Olympics – Okaloosa County provides year-round sports training and competition to children and adults 8 years of age and older with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Trees on the Coast is dedicated to improving Okaloosa and Walton County's beauty through planting, conservation and education.
- Youth Village, Inc is an organization located in Fort Walton Beach for children in Kindergarten to 8th grade. It was formed in 1999 to create a safe place to provide various educational and recreational services to children ages 5-16 in our community.
To date, the Century 21 Blue Marlin Charity Golf Tournament has raised a total of approximately $85,000 for local charities to date including The Mary Lynn Burnette Foundation, The Taylor Haugen Foundation, Emerald Coast Golden Retriever Rescue and most recently, Silver Sands School.
A number of local businesses and community sponsors have already stepped forward as sponsors of the upcoming 2017 Charity Golf Tournament including 98 Realty & Property Management Company LLC, A-1 Electric of Destin Incorporated, Another Broken Egg, Bracken Law, PA, Central Payment NWF, Chandra Rich of Century 21 Blue Marlin, Chris Wallace of Century 21 Blue Marlin, Community Bank, Curtis Ladwig with Bank of England, Cuvée Kitchen + Wine Bar, Destination Segway Tours, Inc., Emerald Coast Staging, Henderson Beach Resort, Hooters, Jacqui Luberto of Century 21 Blue Marlin, Jim Wheeler Repairs, Jordan Dennis of Century 21 Blue Marlin, Landshark’s Pizza, Lee Nissan, Luxury Estates Auction Group, Matthews & Jones LLP, Michel Spencer, ORR Quality Pre-Owned of Destin, Prime Lending: Kotowskie Team, Proffitt PR, Sonja Revells, Stefanie Greenwood of Century 21 Blue Marlin, Team Moore - Century 21 Blue Marlin, Tranquil Waves Massage, Trees on the Coast, Victoria Hughes of Century 21 Blue Marlin and the Walton Area Chamber of Commerce.
Media and in-kind sponsors include The Beachcomber, Beaches, Resorts & Parks, Cumulus Broadcasting, The Destin Log, Northwest Florida Daily News, Red8 Creative, SoWal.com, VIP Destin Magazine and The Walton Sun.