• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
Please understand that I'm not necessarily criticizing Walton County. Walton County is what it is, but your comment about these developers not knowing what they're doing in Walton County is inaccurate.

Yes, I have had enough experience getting permits with the county and yes when you are inexperienced you run into problems. Experienced developers do not have the kind of problems this development is experiencing! The problem with saying you have private beach access when there is none, that is called fraud! Now who in their right mind would want to buy in a development that is not considerate of its neighbors, environment or the law? Yes, the county may be slow and methodical, but its to everyones best interest. Like someone told me recently at a dinner party, "they do it to everyone, so be happy".:rotfl:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Camp Creek... this is serious stuff! If you see it as being high schoolish, then so be it. You may feel warm and fuzzy about these developers, but their proposal has nothing positive to add to the health and use of the beach or the protection of the marine life. How do you approve of that, not to mention their trying to sell a concept, deeded beachfront gated access, they don't have the ability to produce? Would you enjoy being deceived, manipulated and tricked when you purchase anything, much less a million dollar condo? I wouldn't.

Realizing you don't have an opinion on the development, but if you did, what would you suggest as a solution?

What is high schoolish is people getting on these boards making malicious comments about people they don't know and talking about POSSIBLE pending lawsuits and rumored investigations. I did not say the topic is high schoolish, but the way some people are trying to villianize these developers is irresponsible. If there is proof that these guys intentionally tried to deceive and manipulate their purchaser's, then I'll listen.

The beach issue is one part of the story. The other part of the story is that a bunch a people threw their money into these condo reservations and are now desperate to get out of their contracts. As I already said, there were people on this board thrilled to get a reservation 2 years ago.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
I am finding the facts. I am posting these for the folks that want to know what is going on with the Redfish Village

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
The beach issue is one part of the story. The other part of the story is that a bunch a people threw their money into these condo reservations and are now desperate to get out of their contracts.

Do you know for a fact that there are people trying to get out of their contracts? No one has mentioned that on here. Only folks that are concerned about the beach and the neighborhood.

On the other issues you are being a little too defensive IMHO. Flyforfun made a general statement about the "devlopers" not knowing what they are doing which is pretty evident from the fact that they were offering something they can't get approved and marketed it and got around 60 signed contracts based on it. If that's not incompetent I don't know what is. But even if you have a different opinion, Flyforfun was making a general observation and you accused him of trashing individuals when no individuals or names were even mentioned.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
I am finding the facts. I am posting these for the folks that want to know what is going on with the Redfish Village

Thanks for keeping us informed. Too much is done around here behind closed doors.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
based on a beach walkover? quite a stretch.
I, too, doubt the private beach walkover being the thing that sold investors on these condos. HOWEVER, if the buyers who are looking for a way out, I am sure that the private walkover will have been a very important selling point when originally the project was originally pitched to them. The developers have already spent close to $9,000,000 for two lots as potential private beach accesses, so they, too, feel like it was a critical part of the sales Redfish Village project.

Interestingly enough, the first lot which they purchased for the private access location is the better of the two locations for two reasons, in my opinion. It is the closer of the two properties to Redfish Village. Also, it leads to public beaches, so there shouldn't be a problem with onwers and guests sitting on someone's privately owned beach property. The problem with that particular lot is that the zoning is preservation residential allowing for even less density than the lot which they are trying to use for the private access. Seems a bit twisted to me, but that is the red tape in which Redfish Village seems to be stuck.

Personally, I think the County and these new developments should have worked more closely in regards to providing more public access to the beach, not private. In a previous post, I mentioned that I was against all four of these developments because of the impact which they will have on the beaches and Big Redfish Lake. I also am against Redfish Village and Lakeside at Blue Mtn Beach (I drove over and looked at that name) due to the additional stress it will have on the public access. I am not picking on these two. Any developments which will cause more stress on existing, limited public accesses is a major concern which the County needs to address. Lack of restrooms at these entry points to the beaches also needs to be remedied.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
to try and truly argue that having beach access is not a major selling point is extremely naive.
Beach access should not be an issue because there are several for that area. Private beach access IS the issue. There are several public beach accesses in that area, although I know of one which is still closed from storm damage.

If the developers had left out the word "private" when describing beach access, there would not be a problem for the developers. However, there would still be the problem of many more users being dumped onto the beach in that area.

Last edited: