• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I also wrote an offer yesterday. People moving in from outside the area. A gentleman in my office has $11 million set to close this month. IMO we will see about a 15-20% increase over 2006. Every year thereafter should continue to grow. I don't expect any booms in the near future, but who needs them? This area will continue to be a good investment for the future. No bubble bursting, simply well needed readjustments.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
We are only 17 days into the 2007 and I have already written two contracts for homes, closed on one of the two, and expect to write an offer on another one this afternoon. I have several other people who are ready to buy homes in the next two months. These are people looking for primary residences. I am definitely seeing much more business and interest than in 2006. I think 2007 is going to be better than the lull people are expecting, and I think that the 3-5 year term will see substantial appreciation for people buying the better valued properties today.

I have three physicians who have been waiting to just for the second quarter to buy. Another could not wait that long and purchased a home in Sandestin last month. Its not going to get better than right now, and want be surprised if you don't have a record year, no matter what the fear mongers do to scare people away. There just is no better place to be than SoWal:welcome:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap_1: Go SJ Go!!!

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Won?t the over supply of real estate inventory sharply increase as more sellers put their properties on the market in the Spring?

How far are we away from the 1980?s scenario when there were foreclosure auctions in front of condos and developments?

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
In the mid to late 80's, although able to see the opportunity, I was just a young pup without the means to take advantage at that time. I was able to get in during the 90's and now when there is panic in the streets and foreclosures everywhere, I for one will start looking seriously to buy.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
In the mid to late 80's, although able to see the opportunity, I was just a young pup without the means to take advantage at that time. I was able to get in during the 90's and now when there is panic in the streets and foreclosures everywhere, I for one will start looking seriously to buy.

:clap_1: I, like you spinDrAtl, see the opportunity but, unlike you at this point, don't have the means to invest in more right now (I'm working on it, though :roll: ) but if I did, I would be seriously looking myself (and would be looking at it as a long term investment).

I think the key, too, is to not put all your eggs in one basket. It appears to me many people put all their bets into real estate over the last few years - drawing from their 401(K)s or using much or all their equity in their primary or secondary homes as down payments to purchase more real estate for example. Does anyone else think that is pure insanity??

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al

Yea, I remember that market! I spent 6 weekends that year looking for property, and never bought a thing. That was when you could by beach front lots for 100K! There was so much for sale, it was scary! You could drive down 30-A and you think it was an election year, and I thought Seaside would be chapter 7 in a matter of months with the price of their 40-50K lots! I don't think prices are not going to ever get as good as they are now!

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
:clap_1: I, like you spinDrAtl, see the opportunity but, unlike you at this point, don't have the means to invest in more right now (I'm working on it, though :roll: ) but if I did, I would be seriously looking myself (and would be looking at it as a long term investment).

I think the key, too, is to not put all your eggs in one basket. It appears to me many people put all their bets into real estate over the last few years - drawing from their 401(K)s or using much or all their equity in their primary or secondary homes as down payments to purchase more real estate for example. Does anyone else think that is pure insanity??

I agree and like you WISH I had some $$$ to invest....:dunno:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

hands_up.jpg

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
I think many people still think they can get too much for their home. Many of these people are coming to that realization and pulling off of the market. In detached single family homes from Destin throught Inlet Beach, the inventory has dropped for 5 straight months. The inventory in July of 2006 was 2,605. As of December that number had dropped to 2206.
How strange as the high season for rentals approaches. Perhaps they were never really market Sellers at all? Now don't want to put up with the flood of incoming?