• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Color me there. Oli, I hope you have invested in lots of soda crackers, Crystal and Tabasco.

Considering your location and traffic, there is some potential there to absolutely corner the SoWal oyster market. Other than Acme down at Baytowne (who serve Louisiana, not Apalachicola oysters), I don't know of many places in the immediate area I'll eat them. And there are so many different things you can do with them - Rockefeller, chargrilled, Mosca, en brochette, etc, etc.

And while I love me a California roll, give me a dozen (or two) bivalves and a cold Heineken anytime.

Wise decision and probably a signficantly lower overhead to boot.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: count us in! we love some appalach oysters. I think this is grayt ! We will all have to come in spring break and see just how many we can eat!:clap_1:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Color me there. Oli, I hope you have invested in lots of soda crackers, Crystal and Tabasco.

Considering your location and traffic, there is some potential there to absolutely corner the SoWal oyster market. Other than Acme down at Baytowne (who serve Louisiana, not Apalachicola oysters), I don't know of many places in the immediate area I'll eat them. And there are so many different things you can do with them - Rockefeller, chargrilled, Mosca, en brochette, etc, etc.

And while I love me a California roll, give me a dozen (or two) bivalves and a cold Heineken anytime.

Ummm...chargrilled...my favorite. I love Drago's (in New Orleans) chargrilled oysters with the butter/garlic/parmesan baste. Please, Oli, do chargrilled!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
JB, you can eat my Saltines. Those things are just meaningless filler for the smaller oysters. With good oysters, all I need is a touch of good cocktail sauce.

RiverOtter, $4/dz raw and $2 beer IS the SoWaller discount. Oli is just giving it to everyone without the fancy code words. ;-)

Unfortunately, if I go to the 3Thirty1 during the next six weeks, I have to fight college students for a seat at the Oyster Bar. :bang:

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com

:clap_1: I totally agree JB. Great biz decision, Oli! I bet you will attract more tourists, also, as you can go pretty much anywhere in Sowal and order sushi now...but trying to find fresh oysters (and maybe steamed bay shrimp or something else local?) is tough!

I would really market the heck out of this. Have you ever considered doing steamed seafood platters/buckets...like Old Bay Steamers on Okaloosa?? I still can't believe no one is really doing this - well, Bayou Bills is but....I won't say more about Bayou Bills.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
JB, you can eat my Saltines. Those things are just meaningless filler for the smaller oysters. With good oysters, all I need is a touch of good cocktail sauce.

RiverOtter, $4/dz raw and $2 beer IS the SoWaller discount. Oli is just giving it to everyone without the fancy code words. ;-)

Unfortunately, if I go to the 3Thirty1 during the next six weeks, I have to fight college students for a seat at the Oyster Bar. :bang:

Oh, I don't eat crackers. But most do. And I rarely use cocktail sauce. I just loosen the oyster from the shell, add two shakes of Tabasco and empty the contents into my mouth. Follow that with a nice pull from a longneck and I'm in heaven.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Oh, I don't eat crackers. But most do. And I rarely use cocktail sauce. I just loosen the oyster from the shell, add two shakes of Tabasco and empty the contents into my mouth. Follow that with a nice pull from a longneck and I'm in heaven.

Me too, that is just the way I like 'em!!!! YUMMY!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Just save the pearls for me.