• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Re: New Fire in SoWal -- Sommerset Beach - Seagrove

I just talked to a friend who lives on Cambell St, behind Butterfly Bike Rentals, and she had to walk home from 30A/395 due to the roads still being closed. Too many fire hoses crossing 30A I would guess. She says that the FD has put the homes in her area on alert for possible evacuation, but not yet asked them to evacuate.[/quote]

Great. Mom was determined to walk back to her dam condo at Dune Villas.:bang: Hardhead.

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!

Thank goodness for SoWal!! I just got home from a 2 hour trip to pick up the kids. Everything was still closed off from Resort Quest to 395- That plane went right over us,very low:eek: :eek: :eek: It doesn't look like much smoke now, but we are watching. Keep the updates coming....Somebody tell Seagrover she can come to my house- I'll go get her!!!!!

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor

We have heard 30-A is closed and 395 is closed and that Seaside Seagrove and Rosemary (appaently there's fires there also) have been evacuated.

I AM BEACH RUNNER! So if my husband lets me out of the car on US 98 and I run to Seagrove, could I get in? I could dart the sheriffs by running through the woods!

Rosemary too????? Are you sure???? THis may be the one in Wild Heron???

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com

We have heard 30-A is closed and 395 is closed and that Seaside Seagrove and Rosemary (appaently there's fires there also) have been evacuated.

I AM BEACH RUNNER! So if my husband lets me out of the car on US 98 and I run to Seagrove, could I get in? I could dart the sheriffs by running through the woods!

Just got back from 395 (had to go to the AmSouth) and you wouldn't know anything was going on until you drive to the corner of 395/30A where they are diverting traffic. I had to stop at SunDog Books in Seaside to pick up a birthday present and Seaside is business as usual (tourists walking around, people coming up from the beach). I couldn't even see smoke so I'm assuming they have it under control??

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove

whoaa, no widespread evacs here....things have settled down considerably.....except for those who have had a loss today.

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005

I live on Sugar Sand Lane behind Angelina's and let me tell you we were worried. Our backyard backs up to an empty lot, so we & workers from a construction crew were watering about 3 houses when the house 1 lot over from mine( house has a large deck on top of house) the fence & pool decking which is wood caught fire, then the lot next to our fence was burning.. I left my husband watering, grabbed the neighbors hose, but that was not enough, a couple of workers came with me and started using buckets to get water from the pool, I had to leave the smoke was too bad at that point, I just knew my house was going next, but somehow those guys were able to put out the fire. If you saw how big an area was on fire you would be shocked that they were able to put it out. The wind kept blowing in my direction it was just a matter of minutes before we were next. It was terrible knowing fire tricks were over at the Seagrove Bunglow's and could not get some over in our area. We are very fortunate that everything for us is okay, but I feel soo bad for the people behind us.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor

Does anyone know if Dr. Bawa's office is OK?? He is behind Angelina's....

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

Does anyone have an update on the closing of roads near the intersection of 30A and 395? Can I use back roads like Grove off of 395 to get home in an hour or so?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove

Watch channel 7 or 13 at 5:00. Both of their trucks hauled A$$ out of here about 4:00.