• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
What you described is the antithesis of my usual dining experience at Smiling Fish!

My office orders lunch from there about once a week and not only are the portions so big that we can't finish them and we get sleepy at our desks, they are very accomodating w/ our special requests (side salad instead of fries, allergies etc.)

Worst experience I've ever had there was when they forgot the side horseradish sauce for my shrimp basket so had to go without.

Perhaps your attitude had something to do with it?

:cool: Smiling Fish has never disappointed us either. We eat there every time we're in the area.

And BTW..... :scratch: do you have a job opening? I am courteous, well groomed and punctual. :D

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
I've only eaten there once - for dinner. Last year on "locals night." They were just overwhelmed and service was horribly slow. They didn't end up bringing the bottle of wine I ordered until I was almost done with dinner. I could see my server was running around like a chicken with her head cut off and knew she was doing the best she could. I very nicely asked her if her manager would do anything about the wine - they very graciously comped me for it and also comped dessert for my entire party so they would have something to eat while I finished my wine. All the food we ordered was awesome and I look forward to returning there on our next visit. I hope you'll give them another chance, too. Like you said, every one has a bad day sometimes.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I have always had a good dining experience at "SF"...but every establishment is due a "down" day...sorry it happened to you. Posting about it is what this board is all about...and I hope you will give them another chance...and BTW..I have found that most of the eating establishments in the SoWal area would like to know when service has not been up to par...it is their lively hood, so constructive criticism is alway welcomed.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I will go back. But I will take someone's advice on "Dont eat steak at a place with the name FISH in it." lol:roll:

LOL!! I almost mentioned this :lol: ..... NEVER order steak at a seafood restaurant :nono1:

Reminds me of a time at Ruth's Chris in Nashville. A young lady dinning with us asked the waiter if the fish (don't remember what fish) was good. His reply (and this is a true story) "Ma'am, this is a steak house". :rotfl: I nearly fell out of my chair :funn: