• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We always try to eat a little earlier than most so that we can avoid the busiest period, especially when we're with the kids. If we're going to spend a bit of money, we try to find a place where the kids can go outside when they're done eating so that we can take our time with our meals. We figure we're on vacation so we don't have to go with a regular eating schedule!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
A word to the wise-if you are going to do the Donut Hole, get there early as it is jam-packed by 10AM this time of year, and bring cash;it is cash only, and you can use the ATM on site if you are OK with a $3 transaction fee (on top of whatever your bank hits you with)!

Donut Hole--breakfast is the most crowded--get there early. Lunch is o.k. if you get there before 11:30. However, dinner is the best time to go (IMO) because for some reason, it is never crowded. I guess it is thought of more as a breakfast place. They have bakery goods for sale, but are out of a lot of things by lunch time. Also, you can order a cheeseburger for breakfast (re: Smiling JOe) or Eggs Benedict for dinner. We like it a lot and the food and prices have stayed consistent in the 6 yrs. we've lived here.

We haven't tried any of the other restaurants. We attempted Fudpucker's once, but left because it was like Spring Break in there.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
jlee

I always get the catch of the day and have never been disappointed. Remember this is where the fishing boats come in with the catch before they deliver it to Destin Ice and restaurants around the area - can't get much fresher than this.

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
John R is right about the location of Jordano's being the key for the Camping on the Gulf RV park, located across the street. The pizza is average.

Donut Hole is great, though you will find the breakfast prices higher than the lunch prices, but you can get a burger for breakfast like I do. ;-)

me too ! burgers are very good,esp. for breakfast

Donut Hole--breakfast is the most crowded--get there early. Lunch is o.k. if you get there before 11:30. However, dinner is the best time to go (IMO) because for some reason, it is never crowded. I guess it is thought of more as a breakfast place. They have bakery goods for sale, but are out of a lot of things by lunch time. Also, you can order a cheeseburger for breakfast (re: Smiling JOe) or Eggs Benedict for dinner. We like it a lot and the food and prices have stayed consistent in the 6 yrs. we've lived here.

We haven't tried any of the other restaurants. We attempted Fudpucker's once, but left because it was like Spring Break in there.

every time we go by there after about 6 pm the parking lot is close to empty...

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
JMO -- Don Pedro's beats Donut Hole hands down.
Don Pedro's is in the "newer" strip center on Hwy 98 not far east of the west end of 30-A (think it's Santa Rosa Center?). Great for breakfast (AMAZING pancakes), lunch, and dinner (wonderful burgers & cuban sandwiches). VERY casual, both mexican & american food.