• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
A Tulane alum owns at the Ruth's Chris in Atlanta, and Tulane alumni Mardi Gras parties have been held there. He always serves NOLA food as well as steaks, so that's great when you're in Atlanta and missing NOLA. A lot of the flavor depends on the items being covered in butter BTW. :yikes: If I had caught you earlier, jdarg, I would have told you to ask for no butter. The food is pretty good, but you get a month's worth of fat grams in one meal.

Forget what you know. You are eating Orlando food, whatever that is, when you patronize Ruth's Chris. Might as well go to Outback.:cuss:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
A Tulane alum owns the Ruth's Chris in Atlanta, and Tulane alumni Mardi Gras parties have been held there. He always serves NOLA food as well as steaks, so that's great when you're in Atlanta and missing NOLA. A lot of the flavor depends on the items being covered in butter BTW. :yikes: If I had caught you earlier, jdarg, I would have told you to ask for no butter. The food is pretty good, but you get a month's worth of fat grams in one meal.

Sorry - drive-by post. The prom date story is hilarious. :rotfl:

It was a year ago. I think jdarg's walked off the butter or her butt. She's itty bitty. :roll::love: I still :love: her.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
But it started in NOLA. Here's the history.
http://www.ruthschris-austin.com/general_history.htm

Yeah, let me put on my Paul Harvey hat and let you in on 'the rest of the story':
In 2005 Hurricane Katrina devastated Greater New Orleans (see: Effect of Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans) and the chain moved its corporate headquarters to Orlando, Florida. No plans to return corporate offices to the New Orleans area have been announced. Like most business in the city, two of the chain's locations in the Greater New Orleans area were forced to close because of the storm.[9] Unlike most other famous restaurants in Mid City New Orleans, the New Orleans Ruth's Chris did not rebuild and reopen. The Metairie, Louisiana location has since reopened. Amid much criticism of local officials and media, and on the heel of Morton's steakhouse's announcement it would reopen its own New Orleans branch,[10] the corporate offices announced that the old flagship Ruth's Chris on Broad Street would be permanently closed and the company had no plans to reopen any other facilities in the city.

I can just see Ruth Fertel bobbing around inside her tomb in Metairie Cemetery while these dopes fled to the Magic Kingdom. Never again will I eat there...ever, ever, ever.:pissed:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:blink: ...why do I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone???

Seabreeze

Beach Comber
Apr 18, 2007
ATL & SRB
30ASkunkApe, when did a company's right to make its own business decisions go by the wayside. Do you think maybe their relocation was based on solid business thinking -- or do you simply subscribe to the theory that NOLA is the center of the universe and anything that happens there that you don't like is wrong? Just curious...

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
i have never been inside a ruth's chris, so i am unable to comment on their food,service, etc. but like seabreeze stated, is it wrong for them to move the corporate offices of a national company to make sure they can still operate the rest of their chain while NOLA is/was incpable of llowing them to operate? and, after moving everything to orlando, they've probably dug themselves in pretty well. the expense of moving everything back would probably be quite high.

also, there was probably no resistance to from the staff to move away from NO when needed. I'm sure they would lose a good amount of staff if they tried to move back.

is there more rest of the story??