• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jimmyeagle

Beach Crab
Oct 23, 2005
To answer the original questions, I am a licensed Florida Realtor in this area. I don't post here very often. The posts that I have made don't really comment on the market as far as I remember, so I don't think I'm guilty of putting a positive spin on things.

Anyway, "judge" both properties and realtors on an individual basis, and you will be happiest with your results!

Good luck!

raven

Banned
May 14, 2007
don't be offended by people calling your post a "downer".

people on this site think if you live in denial and smile alot that somehow reality will dissipate. it's a tragic part of the culture here. keep pretending and somehow the facade will become real :) that's why businesses here are so frail and do so poorly and why they've destroyed what marketability the area has to offer. not too bright, but plenty arrogant...with a smile.

it's not that they're lying to you..knowingly..even if they told you it was the best investment ever..they'd totally believe it because sadly..not much is going on behind those passive aggressive grins.

as for changing your name to protect your honesty... frankly, if you have to lie to be friends with people...who cares?

as for bush's "stimulus" package..it's not an economic plan, it's a bribe. plus, it will all go to china in the end.

Last edited:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com

people on this site think if you live in denial and smile alot that somehow reality will dissipate. it's a tragic part of the culture here. keep pretending and somehow the facade will become real :) that's why businesses here are so frail and do so poorly and why they've destroyed what marketability the area has to offer. not too bright, but plenty arrogant...with a smile.

it's not that they're lying to you..knowingly..even if they told you it was the best investment ever..they'd totally believe it because sadly..not much is going on behind those passive aggressive grins.

as for changing your name to protect your honesty... frankly, if you have to lie to be friends with people...who cares?

as for bush's "stimulus" package..it's not an economic plan, it's a bribe. plus, it will all go to china in the end.

Raven,

I stated in an earlier thread, I tend to be an overly optimistic person. It is how I live my life. My dad is a builder and one of the most negative people you will ever meet. Probably why he builds and I sell. I would probably be less optimistic if someone would point me in the direction of a beach community that had a better value. Can you show me this area? I may move there.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach

This is the best time to buy Real Estate right now.
:D <---- arrogant smile

Best Wishes,

Josh the Realtor

Sorry I can't post more, but too busy selling Real Estate to be a downer on Sowal all day.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
My Magic 8-Ball says that it may help stimulate the economy of China, since everything we buy today, seems to come from China. Don't think that China doesn't feel the hurt.

Them China boys got their real first taste of capitalism Monday when their stock market lost a Trillion gazillion in value because of us. We finally got them back! :rotfl:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Them China boys got their real first taste of capitalism Monday when their stock market lost a Trillion gazillion in value because of us. We finally got them back! :rotfl:
From the Financial Times:

Beijing creates subprime taskforce

By Jamil Anderlini in Beijing
Published: January 22 2008 21:11 | Last updated: January 22 2008 21:11

China?s banking regulator has convened a task force to monitor US subprime exposure at Chinese banks as they prepare for larger-than-expected losses on those holdings, senior officials told the Financial Times on Tuesday.

The China Banking Regulatory Commission has established a special group to investigate the subprime holdings of China?s largest lenders and report on a monthly basis, according to officials who asked not to be named.

-------------------------------------------

You think they're going to be open to lending the US back our dollars to make loans in the future???.....Not!

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach

What reality? Yours? destroyed marketability of the area? hello, but the entire country is in a recession. Maybe what you consider denial are those going about their business seeking ways to exact change or keep their heads above water in this fragile economy.

What have YOU done lately to exact any change? Probably nothing since it appears you have your head so far up your behind scraping past the cynicism to reach your flawed thinking.

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Another development to keep your eyes on:

MGIC Investment Corp, the nation's largest insurer of mortgages, is in trouble. They've announced they'll have over $2B in losses as a result of mortgages they've insured going south--and a growing number of mortgages defaulting.

Problem is, Fanny & Freddie previously bought up these "insured" mortgages, so their portfolios are being kicked to the curb as well.

If MGIC goes bust, what will that say for all the mortgages they've "insured" and what will that do to the mortgage industry going forward.

Comments?

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Another development to keep your eyes on:

MGIC Investment Corp, the nation's largest insurer of mortgages, is in trouble. They've announced they'll have over $2B in losses as a result of mortgages they've insured going south--and a growing number of mortgages defaulting.

Problem is, Fanny & Freddie previously bought up these "insured" mortgages, so their portfolios are being kicked to the curb as well.

If MGIC goes bust, what will that say for all the mortgages they've "insured" and what will that do to the mortgage industry going forward.

Comments?

I think MGIC is going to hold their own since I think they more than any other MI company are best prepared fiscally. They've always been relatively conservative. But in the event that this hole gets deeper than anticipated, what do y'all think of Jim Kramers plan for the Feds to buyout mortgage insurers and help bailout Banks? He may not be that far out in left field with part of the idea. (although I think he is nutz personally, but every mad man has an epiphany every now and then) Fannie and Freddie are gov't agencies afterall so it's all one in the same. NAR's idea to raise the Fannie/freddie loan limit by 200K is absurd in my opinion and the economic stimulus plan is like handing out lollipops at the doctors office. Makes you feel good for a few minutes, but you still need to fill the prescription.

Last edited: