• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Absolutely the right place. Seeing the little lady as happy as she is says it all for me. I've been here two years now and she just joined me last July. We were waiting for our last to head off to college and make us empty-nesters and she stayed in MN while I got things going here.

srich3

Beach Comber
Jan 3, 2008
Omaha, NE
Was introduced to SoWal 4 years ago and try to come down at least once a year. I'm a Stay at home mother of wonderful (and energetic twin 2 1/2 year old boys). Before children I was a Speech Language Pathologist and then a HR Director.

I'm an avid sports fan, Nebraska Cornhuskers (live there), Chicago Cubs and our college hockey team. Like to play the occasional round of golf.

Mostly I love visiting 30A and sitting on the beach with a cool cocktail:cool:

Love this thread, it's great getting to know you all better.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Absolutely the right place. Seeing the little lady as happy as she is says it all for me. I've been here two years now and she just joined me last July. We were waiting for our last to head off to college and make us empty-nesters and she stayed in MN while I got things going here.

Awwwwww....love this post.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
First got sent here by a drama teacher and friend that gave me a heads up on the Blithe Spirit debacle at SWHS. Spoke with a few really nice, intelligent people who answered my call for comments. That story really made the rounds through the district. Had teachers from everywhere asking me about it at the district event last month.

Then started reading the other threads and thought what a cool group of well read, diverse and informed people. Got hooked.

I've been a nurse for over 15 years, then a social worker and now a writer for a small town independent paper.

Now I need someone to stage an intervention for me and my sowal addiction.:cool:

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
First got sent here by a drama teacher and friend that gave my a heads up on the Blythe Spirit debacle at SWHS. Spoke with a few really nice, intelligent people who answered my call for comments. That story really made the rounds through the district. Had teachers from everywhere asking me about it at the district event last month.

Then started reading the other threads and thought what a cool group of well read, diverse and informed people. Got hooked.

I've been a nurse for over 15 years, then a social worker and now a writer for a small town independent paper.

Now I need someone to stage an intervention for me and my sowal addiction.:cool:

:wave::clap: You are a great addition to the board!!

Kase626

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2007
Seacrest Beach
My story is pretty close to aleonard's. I lurked for a while, but once I heard about the Blithe Spirit thread, I couldn't keep quiet any longer.

And now you guys are stuck with me. :D

klauricella

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2007
Freeport
:welcome: What did y'all do in Largo? Curious as to why you moved here from Key paradise and how the 2 places compare in your mind.

:welcome:Sounds like you're in the right place

Key Largo was alot of fun. My boyf and I worked at a private resort. Key Largo has no beach scene because of the coral reef surrounding the island. If we could transplant all of our friends from down there to these parts life would be perfect. So far we are definitely loving it here.

We moved here because I was offered a better paying job :D