• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
hey dcf - what's with the snarkiness?:wave: we're friends here. you can certainly disagree but no need to offend with sarcasm, etc.

at least not initially....once you know us....one thing that really holds us all together is offensive sarcasm...:love:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
DCFinSCB, What exactly do you think needs to change about Buddy's in order for them to come into compliance with the County's Code? It sounds like the plywood door is a problem for you. Would replacing it with glass satisfy you, or do you think they need to plant some Palm Trees?

Walton GOP, I almost stopped to take a photo of Buddy's the other day, but I passed on the thought. If I weren't already nearly out of gas, I'd drive over there to fill up for my first visit, paying the extra ten cents per gallon, and take a photo for you.

I told the wife not to get gas so I could drive down there this weekend and see what in the heck it is you guys are talking about, as well as spend some money with them. Sounds like they need the help.
I'm sure they would be happy to have your business. I stop by Buddy's when I go to Rovemary Beach to get my mail. It is a high volume operation. They may need help lifting the money bags up to the bank counter. Good luck with your school board run.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
I'm sure they would be happy to have your business. I stop by Buddy's when I go to Rovemary Beach to get my mail. It is a high volume operation. They may need help lifting the money bags up to the bank counter. Good luck with your school board run.

:lol: Had not heard that one.

As one of the very few who are always headed for Hwy 20 from the east end of 30-A, I stop at Buddy's (I always just call it the Texaco) all the time for gas on my way out of town and never really gave it a thought. I even went in for coffee once and didn't notice anything amiss, though it sounds like there has been a fire since then and the place is in much worse shape.

For some reason the dividing line has always been clear to me -- it's not really part of 30-A, so I don't really care what it looks like. On the way into town I'm so focused on turning left :love: as quickly as possible I don't even look at it. On the way out of town I need gas and there it is. When we head for Shades I'm too busy being hungry to think about what is next door. Maybe I am in the minority though. :dunno:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
So it is the South Walton Elitist Task Force that Cali is up against on this issue, is it?

Listen, a burnt out store, with plywood door, and plenty of trash scattered in its parking lot and in a field out back is not a historic landmark, nor should it be used as some sort of flashpoint example of the classism in South Walton. Just sounds to me like someone who cared enough to ask about it. I'm sure Buddy's will live on, many of us just hope in an improved condition.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I have had it with the corner market Buddy's near Rosemary. It is useless, disgusting, embrassing and a complete mess! Why do we have such a piece of crap place in such a beautiful community??????
I was hoping that while the front of the store was on fire (because of a whole pig being roasted on the premisis got out of hand) that the whole place would burn down.

These comments dont sound like "just asking about it" to me. This is a person that has been a business owner in the community long before the neighboring "communities" were ever built. And I just dont feel right about coming down on him with comments like the above ones after he has suffered a loss due to some unfortunate circumstances. It was stated above that he was waiting on an insurance claim and we all know how the insurance industry treats people in Florida. Should we be any less forgiving if it was an upscale store/resort in some upscale subdivision? I could start in about how long the burnt out shell of Bayou Bills has been standing there and many others places of business that stood there storm damaged for over a year. But those are OTHER businesses that suffered bad circumstances and were at the mercy of insurance companies.

Last edited: