• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Rep for aleonard! :clap:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Well said. Also, if you don't like it then don't spend your money there. I think that is the strongest statement one can make. That's freedom.

I've seen some of the construction guys in Rosemary go into the nicer sandwich shop to buy water and I've seen the looks they get from other patrons. I've also been one of the people getting that look and it's doesn't feel nice. I walked into Buddy's looking like heck from pulling 12 hours in the hot sun and they were welcoming and nice and their gator-aid was sealed and cold. If I had my choice, I always tried to go to the thumb but that wasn't always possible.

Buddy's provides a service to a working class environment of our population that are not comfortable spending $5 for designer water. If they are in violation of codes they will get called on it. They may look like heck. It's been awhile since I had to go there but they provide a service to the people who are providing a service to others.

And as far as a heath hazard, I'm much more concerned about poop-lemons in my designer water than the dirt underneath my one-time work boots. Live and let live:wave:

From what I read in the codes as long as he is not in the scenic corridor he can sell away.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I STILL can't rep ya.:love: But, dammit...I haven't had lemons in my tea at a restaurant since. :bang:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
Nice way to try to silence someone who is trying to invoke change for the better, born out of their pride in their community.

By many accounts, I have to believe many of you have not visited ol' Buddy's half burned down, fiber board door, looking like a city dump in the back establishment in quite awhile. I don't recall Cali saying anything about her wanting to tear it down, just that she wanted to know what could be done about it.

Yes, don't spend money there if you don't like it. But also, yes, feel free to voice your opinion if you think it looks like a hazard, as not only may someone consider it offensive to their sensibilities, but also quite possibly...gasp....it could be a hazard!