• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal

waterst1

Beach Lover
Dec 24, 2006
I agree it looks more awful than ever since the fire with smoke on the front and the plywood front door. I only go there as a last resort but years ago I sure was glad the store was there. I wish they would replace or improve the building. Business would increase too...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Did the insurance money from the fire pay the owners enough to repaint? I took note as I drove by Buddy's today, and it is nasty as hell in appearance, but I don't think that appearing nasty is a violation of Code.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Toots, that was so well said! ITA!

I haven't stopped at Buddy's except to turn around ;-) but if I needed gas, I'd stop. My issue with appearance and cleanliness comes in regarding the little ones yelling, "Mama, I gotta go to the pottie BBBAAADDD!!!" while I'm thinking, "Why the heck didn't I remember to make them go before we left home?"

If at all possible, I avoid an unsanitary convenience stores regarding that situation. I had to drive a really, really long way in ATL trying to find a suitable restroom for The Wedge (AKA middle child) 'cause areas like Clarkston and Decatur are just nasty right along 285. I would have rather have her pee in the car and fix the mess later than to have taken her into a nasty store.

hey organic. I may stop in on occasion, but not when I have the kid. he is not allowed. but if I did take him and he had to pee, well, then there is always the great outdoors.. :lol: somewhere down the road a bit, maybe on a side street of rosemary beach.. :rotfl: wouldn't be the first time either.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Tootsie, just a little farther east, maybe a couple of blocks, turn right onto South Orange, and there is a port-o-john at the beach access (for the lifeguards).

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Buddy's is pretty rundown, but it's also a GAS STATION. :roll:

I can't think of any attractive working gas stations in Sowal (Sally's is nice but is usually out of gas when I stop there). There is a lot of trash, chain smoking, and unattractiveness at basically every gas station.

Sounds like if more people frequented Buddy's they'd have the $ to take the plywood off the windows etc. ;-)

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
I went by looking for a churro cart today and was diappointed. I found nothing. In my frustration and determination to patronize the place one way or another I lifted my shirt to cover my mouthan nose, opened the door to the place, and lobbed a roll of fives inside then ran like heck.