• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
Trying to silence the likes of Cali, just because she cared enough to complain about an unsightly business at the least, a potential hazard to human health at the worst, is exactly the type of chilling effect it would seem any of us who appreciate and want to protect a free society would steer away from. Don't you think?

The whole idea and concept of a messageboard forum like this is to offer people, all people, the opportunity to speak out on matters that matter to them. Sounds like the extent of what she was doing when she started this thread, and it was in keeping with the spirit of SoWal completely.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
That's the spirit........... if giving up or not caring are major tennents of your personal philosophy.

Or if you have better things to worry about than whether or not a gas station/convenience store is tony enough for you! :roll:

There are many things that are not aesthetically pleasing to me - I have the same options: to change them or get over it. :D

Trying to silence the likes of Cali, just because she cared enough to complain about an unsightly business at the least, a potential hazard to human health at the worst, is exactly the type of chilling effect it would seem any of us who appreciate and want to protect a free society would steer away from. Don't you think?

The whole idea and concept of a messageboard forum like this is to offer people, all people, the opportunity to speak out on matters that matter to them. Sounds like the extent of what she was doing when she started this thread, and it was in keeping with the spirit of SoWal completely.
Who defines unsightly business? Everyday life is a potential hazard to human health at worst. How do you feel about a guy selling produce on the side of the road?

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Who defines unsightly business? Everyday life is a potential hazard to human health at worst. How do you feel about a guy selling produce on the side of the road?

Well said. Also, if you don't like it then don't spend your money there. I think that is the strongest statement one can make. That's freedom.

I've seen some of the construction guys in Rosemary go into the nicer sandwich shop to buy water and I've seen the looks they get from other patrons. I've also been one of the people getting that look and it doesn't feel nice. I walked into Buddy's looking like heck from pulling 12 hours in the hot sun and they were welcoming and nice and their gator-aid was sealed and cold. If I had my choice, I always tried to go to the thumb but that wasn't always possible.

Buddy's provides a service to a working class environment of our population that are not comfortable spending $5 for designer water. If they are in violation of codes they will get called on it. They may look like heck. It's been awhile since I had to go there but they provide a service to the people who are providing a service to others.

And as far as a heath hazard, I'm much more concerned about poop-lemons in my designer water than the dirt underneath my one-time work boots. Live and let live:wave:

Last edited: