• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
I am only interested in a open debate on this issue. I could accuse you of being a partisan suppporter for "Ralphie",only here to dispell the notion that we have to many "questionable" candidates. Your candidate seeks more and more people to dilute the voters pool so that your 10% prediction will guarantee him a win.

I won't do that.

I will continue to keep the issue open and in play for I truly have no candidate in the fight - I just have one that I believe is using a broken, skewed to incumbents system.

I have already "Thrown Ralphie Out of The Pool" as being unqualified to serve.

Today I present my next candidate to be ejected from the pool.

I propose that Rick Brown be ejected next.

I invite those that believe him to be a "Contender" rather that a "Pretender" to give me reason to pause before I formally issue the "Out of the Pool" label.

Rick Brown supporters - your up !

Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Please, Wile. There is certainly no reason a candidate who thinks he/(she!) has the necessary law enforcement experience, people skills and knowledge of county government to lead our sheriff's office should not run. This includes the entire slate of candidates, the candidates that are planning to come out in June, and even Sheriff Johnson himself.

If you want a change, work positively for it. Pick a candidate and convince us why yours is the best, or at least stop disparaging the candidates that are brave enough to put themselves and their families through running for the most heated race in Walton County. Nobody's withdrawing; nobody's changing their minds. Or, if you are so inclined, start collecting signatures and jump in yourself.

In any event, I do thank you for caring.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
FYI Shallow

I work positively for those things I believe. I am positive that some of these candidates are not qualified for the position and am inviting all to tell me why they are "the 1".

Many if all are in this because people have not been honest with them concerning their qualifications and chance to win. They are being told "Sure you are qualified" - "Sure You Can Win" and "Sure I Will Support You" by those to weak to tell them their real feelings.

They should also hear those that say:

"You Are Not Qualified"
"You Can Not Win"
"No - I Will Not Support You".

There are two sides to a candidates decision to run. What he believes and what others are telling them (him/her). They need to listen to both sides of the conversation.

I am providing everyone the opportunity to tell their side.

PS - I am not qualified for the position and no I will not waste my time and other peoples time trying to hit the lotto jackpot in an election.

I have also never told those that are running that they could win or were qualified and I have spoken with 5 of them at length (one doesn't even live in the county) - and no I currently have no "dog in the fight".

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Interesting thoughts. I have always thought that I had literally hundreds if not thousands of friends in Walton County. When I first thought about running for office, Representative Brown told me that having the Supervisor of Elections count your friends would be one of the most sobering experiences of your life. As I go around and talk to various people about my candidacy, I am finding that I might not be as popular as I once thought. Oh well, a little humility never hurt anyone.

FYI Shallow

I work positively for those things I believe. I am positive that some of these candidates are not qualified for the position and am inviting all to tell me why they are "the 1".

Many if all are in this because people have not been honest with them concerning their qualifications and chance to win. They are being told "Sure you are qualified" - "Sure You Can Win" and "Sure I Will Support You" by those to weak to tell them their real feelings.

They should also hear those that say:

"You Are Not Qualified"
"You Can Not Win"
"No - I Will Not Support You".

There are two sides to a candidates decision to run. What he believes and what others are telling them (him/her). They need to listen to both sides of the conversation.

I am providing everyone the opportunity to tell their side.

PS - I am not qualified for the position and no I will not waste my time and other peoples time trying to hit the lotto jackpot in an election.

I have also never told those that are running that they could win or were qualified and I have spoken with 5 of them at length (one doesn't even live in the county) - and no I currently have no "dog in the fight".

I respect and to a large extent agree with this post. I definitely believe that people have not been honest with some of these men, however, rumors abound that people approached at least one or two of them and tried to be honest with them and were rudely rebuffed. Frankly, I have totally not made up my mind and find flaws in all of them. I have only eliminated one of them-ralph. I simply am not afraid of the number of candidates because I cannot accept that there are enough stupid people to give him any chance of re-election.

I am also glad that wile has started focusing on other races. I think this sheriff's race has consumed so much attention that other potential races have been forgotten- races that effect my day to day life much more than who is out arresting druggies. I think Nelson is a great start for responsible government in the school board and think all three commissioners should be re-elected, as well as the clerk, the property appraisor and the tax collector. What say you?:dunno:

beach blessings

Beach Lover
Jan 9, 2008
To all concerned:
I am NOT tied to anyone. I am not a favorite at the Sheriff's office for obvious reasons.
I am running for this position because I believe I am the best man for the job. Favoritism will not be tolerated. I am a fair person and will treat my employees with the respect they deserve. Look closely at the candidates . It will be a tough decision to make, but in the next few months you will come to realize who you want to represent you as the Sheriff of Walton County. I believe the people of Walton County have been deceived long enough. Put the right person in the job; one who knows the laws, who will uphold those laws no matter who it affects. I have lived with these codes of ethics and standards for over 30 years. Once again look at your candidates.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick,
I cant wait to hear more and more from you in the next few months! I to believe that this sherriff's race will reveal the truth inside of the Walton County System....Good and Bad!

Looking forward to hearinh more soon!

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Out of 1103 people that have viewed this thread only 1 person came forward with any type of endorsement for Rick Brown. No one came forward with qualifications. There is obviously no interest in this individual serving as our next Sheriff.

"You Are Not Qualified"
"You Can Not Win"
"No - I Will Not Support You"

I hereby issue the Orange Card on your candidacy.

View attachment 8290

Rick Brown joins his boss as the second person officially thrown out of the available pool of "Candidates" by the Coyote.

I now invite all of the Dennis Wise supporters to step forward !

You have until 12 noon Saturday.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I have read all of Dennis Wise's qualifications as listed both on this board and in the Walton Sun and Beach Breeze. I haven't decided to vote for him yet but I'm certainly leaning that way. And BTW, WC, IMO, your posts regarding candidates are both arrogant and of little use to the people trying to make a decision in this race. Come out and tell us who you support and why and cut out the "out of the pool" nonsense.

T

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Your tag line says it all - and I quote

"Don't confuse me with your "facts", my mind is already made up"

That's one "maybe" Dennis Wise Supporter.

Gonna take more than one "maybe" supporter to let him stay in the pool

Next

Last edited: