• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Josh withdrew !

I was really going to have a hard time throwing him out of the pool because I really like him. He realized that the objective is to win and not divide the vote. He talked to his closet friends and realized that it would be best to get out of the race.

Now on with the quest for a candidate. Next up is Jimmy Macon.

Jimmy you have until Saturday at noon to come forward with your platform and invite your supporters to show the Coyote that you can win.

Been thinking about letting Tom Cooper back into the pool. Have developed a very specific list of questions concerning his "Bio" as published on this thread. Mr. Cooper I invite you to PM me directly. I will give you the list of questions to answer and I will post you answers. If they are truthfully answered with verifiable supporting documents or sources I will "Put You Back In The Pool" for consideration.

Are you game - are you a "Contender" or a "Pretender".

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Well Jimmy Macon is now officially "Out of the Pool". No one came forward with any discussion concerning his qualifications, or defended his electability.

Tom Cooper did not contact the "Coyote" by PM requesting reconsideration. It is strange that he stormed through this thread and then has not been heard from. Makes me renew my curiosity concerning his filing for Sheriff.

It is interesting that Idlewild has issued a prediction of the current state of the campaign and places Cornman,Adkinson and Cooper tied at 25%, Johnson at 10% and the others at marginal percentages.

This is how I currently see the viability of the candidates:

Adkinson, Johnson & Cornman - Top Tier - This would make for an interesting race

Cooper, Wise -2nd tier - should withdraw

All others - 3rd tier - Should have never gotten in the race.

Many believe Johnson is "toast" - he's not - he is the incumbent - many people that are unaware of all that a candidate brings to the table simply vote for whomever is currently in Office.

This process has gone on long enough.

I have decided to put the remaining two "real candidates" on stage at the same time.

Accordingly they need the most time to allow people to step forward and save their candidate from exiting the pool.

Mr. Adkinson and Mr. Cornman have until Friday night April 4th to send your legions of supporters forward with your qualifications, merits, and platform.

The clock is ticking !

Last edited:
Well Jimmy Macon is now officially "Out of the Pool". No one came forward with any discussion concerning his qualifications, or defended his electability.

Tom Cooper did not contact the "Coyote" by PM requesting reconsideration. It is strange that he stormed through this thread and then has not been heard from. Makes me renew my curiosity concerning his filing for Sheriff.

It is interesting that Idlewild has issued a prediction of the current state of the campaign and places Cornman,Adkinson and Cooper tied at 25%, Johnson at 10% and the others at marginal percentages.

This is how I currently see the viability of the candidates:

Adkinson, Johnson & Cornman - Top Tier - This would make for an interesting race

Cooper, Wise -2nd tier - should withdraw

All others - 3rd tier - Should have never gotten in the race.

Many believe Johnson is "toast" - he's not - he is the incumbent - many people that are unaware of all that a candidate brings to the table simply vote for whomever is currently in Office.

This process has gone on long enough.

I have decided to put the remaining two "real candidates" on stage at the same time.

Accordingly they need the most time to allow people to step forward and save their candidate from exiting the pool.

Mr. Adkinson and Mr. Cornman have until Friday night April 4th to send your legions of supporters forward with your qualifications, merits, and platform.

The clock is ticking !

Wile,

Sometimes I think we are on the same page, and then you issue diatribes like this one. :bang: Why is Cooper bound to PM you? :dunno: It is obvious that you have a problem, probably personal with him so why should he seek your favor when it is so obviously not forthcoming? I have tried to understand where you are coming from, and agree to a large extent, but this entire process is arrogance run amok.:D For what it is worth, I endorse BOTH Adkinson and Cornman. From what I have read about both men, they have education, practical experience and management experience to make outstanding sheriffs. While I have not decided whom I will vote for, either would do.:yikes: I think we who wish for change should educate ourselves and then seek to inform others of our findings. Who knows, one of the 3rd tier guys may actually be the best choice.:funn:

You seem to have the same opinion of the race as I, but think that ralphie is ahead of Cooper at this time. Can you give us any basis for that opinion, because I find no one who will tell me they would consider voting for ralphie regardless of who the other candidate is.:eek:

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Nothing arrogant about it. Straight forward is the word I would use. I truly believe that a person listens to a small group of people and decides to run.

Most people when contacted are very polite and encourage when they are really saying "I choose not to be honest with you". That is exactly the process that Josh Sconiers went through. Read his post and you will find that some of his thought process in deciding to withdraw was in part based on this thread. It caused him to redefine his real goal - get Ralph out ! Could he have won - maybe, but I doubt it. I respect him for being honest with himself. He has class and for that I give him credit.

I have made no bones about my goal - If you are unclear let me restate it " I want Ralph Johnson out of Office". I truly believe that wanna be candidates can prevet this from happening. I try to seek input from anyone to reinforce my notion about each candidates chance of helping me reach my goal.

I threw "Ralphie" out to get this thread started. I have also used the thread to hopefully cause some of the wanna be's to get out or at least convince me that they could win.

I really do not want Ralph out of the Race ! I want him humiliated when he dares to run again. A seven man race will not provide the appropriate level of humiliation.

Whichever candidates stand a chance of doing that - will provide the "Voters" of Walton County a clear choice.

Cornman, Adkinson, and Johnson is the race I want to see. Two qualified, vetted candidates against the big mistake made years ago.

Ralph Johnson has proven to the voters of Walton County he is not qualified, he is arrogant enough to run again.

Cooper is a "pretender". He is not capable of meeting the desired objective - he will not pass 'GO'. I simply gave him a chance to be reconsidered when some stated that I had acted to hastily when I threw him out of the pool the same day he entered. He chose not to "engage" in the process - that was his right.

Quote : Many believe Johnson is "toast" - he's not - he is the incumbent - many people that are unaware of all that a candidate brings to the table simply vote for whomever is currently in Office.

Last edited:
Nothing arrogant about it. Straight forward is the word I would use. I truly believe that a person listens to a small group of people and decides to run.

Most people when contacted are very polite and encourage when they are really saying "I choose not to be honest with you". That is exactly the process that Josh Sconiers went through. Read his post and you will find that some of his thought process in deciding to withdraw was in part based on this thread. It caused him to redefine his real goal - get Ralph out ! Could he have won - maybe, but I doubt it. I respect him for being honest with himself. He has class and for that I give him credit.

I have made no bones about my goal - If you are unclear let me restate it " I want Ralph Johnson out of Office". I truly believe that wanna be candidates can prevet this from happening. I try to seek input from anyone to reinforce my notion about each candidates chance of helping me reach my goal.

I threw "Ralphie" out to get this thread started. I have also used the thread to hopefully cause some of the wanna be's to get out or at least convince me that they could win.

I really do not want Ralph out of the Race ! I want him humiliated when he dares to run again. A seven man race will not provide the appropriate level of humiliation.

Whichever candidates stand a chance of doing that - will provide the "Voters" of Walton County a clear choice.

Cornman, Adkinson, and Johnson is the race I want to see. Two qualified, vetted candidates against the big mistake made years ago.

Ralph Johnson has proven to the voters of Walton County he is not qualified, he is arrogant enough to run again.

Cooper is a "pretender". He is not capable of meeting the desired objective - he will not pass 'GO'. I simply gave him a chance to be reconsidered when some stated that I had acted to hastily when I threw him out of the pool the same day he entered. He chose not to "engage" in the process - that was his right.

Quote : Many believe Johnson is "toast" - he's not - he is the incumbent - many people that are unaware of all that a candidate brings to the table simply vote for whomever is currently in Office.

Wile, a much more reasoned approach. You scare me when you start screaming like you've drank the koolaid or snorted the white horse. I agree 100% with ralphie going to the retirement village and 100% with humiliation as his just punishment for what he has inflicted on our citizens. I think a 3 man race is optimum and a 4 man is ok. I also think Cooper is great for the race because he can hit ralphie where he can least stand it- Santa Rosa Beach and the South Walton area. If humiliation is the goal this is a critical factor. I am not sure which candidate is strong in the north area but I assume it would not be Wise, Brown or Macon. It would be nice for someone up there to let us know for sure. The only thing I strongly disagree about is ralphie being "toast." He probably could not win a race against Josf Stalin or Fidel Castro.

csbeard

Beach Crab
Mar 29, 2008
There is a pattern - it is a fact that Sheriff Johnson has openly stated to his deputies and other colleagues that there will be no retaliation if they run against him. It is my understanding that Tom Cooper was not running and then met with RJ (Hitler) and Stan Sunday and coincidentally has now thrown his name in the hat.

It is unfortunate that so many contenders are running because it will increase RJ (Hitler?s) chance of getting in - I will personally state that just because you have worked for or had dealings with (RJ) Hitler does not mean you would not be an excellent candidate. I can tell you first hand that RJ runs his ship based solely on fear - you are in or you are fired. He is absolutely pathetic and should have never been elected to anything in Walton County. He has single handedly ruined our EOC, Jail, SO, and working relationship with other branches of first responders.

Honestly, there are several great candidates within the SO that cannot run for fear of losing their retirement.

I am not going to stand on a soap box; however, if we look back to the issues between Chief Adkinson and RJ(Hitler) you will see that the Chief is the only individual that has had the brass to stand up to (RJ) Hitler. I recall the Sheriff looking for ways to have the Chief ousted ?

I, more or less, know every candidate and we should insist that the candidates with the least amount of support kindly exit the race to help restore public safety in Walton County. I can tell you some crazy stories about the lack of response the citizens? of Walton County get for their tax dollars ? especially, South Walton residents.

Leaders are born to lead ? Ralph Johnson is unable to lead himself, not to mention, one of the largest and most important departments in Walton County.

There is a pattern - it is a fact that Sheriff Johnson has openly stated to his deputies and other colleagues that there will be no retaliation if they run against him. It is my understanding that Tom Cooper was not running and then met with RJ (Hitler) and Stan Sunday and coincidentally has now thrown his name in the hat.

It is unfortunate that so many contenders are running because it will increase RJ (Hitler?s) chance of getting in - I will personally state that just because you have worked for or had dealings with (RJ) Hitler does not mean you would not be an excellent candidate. I can tell you first hand that RJ runs his ship based solely on fear - you are in or you are fired. He is absolutely pathetic and should have never been elected to anything in Walton County. He has single handedly ruined our EOC, Jail, SO, and working relationship with other branches of first responders.

Honestly, there are several great candidates within the SO that cannot run for fear of losing their retirement.

I am not going to stand on a soap box; however, if we look back to the issues between Chief Adkinson and RJ(Hitler) you will see that the Chief is the only individual that has had the brass to stand up to (RJ) Hitler. I recall the Sheriff looking for ways to have the Chief ousted ?

I, more or less, know every candidate and we should insist that the candidates with the least amount of support kindly exit the race to help restore public safety in Walton County. I can tell you some crazy stories about the lack of response the citizens? of Walton County get for their tax dollars ? especially, South Walton residents.

Leaders are born to lead ? Ralph Johnson is unable to lead himself, not to mention, one of the largest and most important departments in Walton County.

Back in the Groove

Excellent post. A few observations- I understand that Stan Sunday hates ralphie with a passion, therefore this meeting between him, ralphie and cooper sounds inplausable. Can you give more details or how you know this? This would be crucial information to help us make our minds up.
Please do not encourage others to run! I am sure there are several men/women who are qualified but I think we have enough. I believe everyone has a right to run, but we do not have to tell them to do it. :yikes:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington

"Met with ralphie and threw his hat in the ring" (loosely quoted)....sounds like hitler propaganda.......you are more harmful to the sheriff race than the multiple candidates!:bang:

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
I believe there were two meetings and that is what he implied (read the post carefully)

I know that Tom met with Ralph. I have heard that Tom met with Sunday seeking his support. This was after Sunday(former Capt. WCSO) received notice that the "Hatch Act" applied to him. He cannot run without resigning.

I find it 100% plausable that Tom met with Sunday. He would simply be seeking support from someone that does not like Ralph.

Last edited: