• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
How did ralph win re-election with someone on the inside "deep throating" him? If GOP rose from EOC to head of the party in that short period of time he surely must "know where the bodies are buried." I really need to get out more,

First, from what I can tell, getting to be head of the party is just a matter of showing up at the meetings more than anyone else and volunteering to work on events.

Years ago, back in the eighties, when QA was Sheriff, someone, who I have never figured out the identity of, would mail typewritten letters to the media and individuals throughout Walton County, detailing happenings within the SO and putting forth various conspiracy theories. This was before the internet. These things would hit and of course be copied and spread out throughout the county.

ShallowsFuzz, Cornman, Glidewell, they would all remember, but really do not believe anyone knew who it was.

There is a guy in Tallahassee that went under the name of The Grapefruit that use to do the same thing in state politics. Would always seem to know what happened, but never could provide the proof.

Wilecoyote's knowledge means either he/she has been here quite awhile, or has an excellent source that has been here quite awhile.

Your lack of history is why I also feel you are way off base if you think RJ is done. I am still trying to figure out these guys are going to differentiate themselves from each other.

I hear TC has already started putting up signs in the south end. Anyone seen them?

First, from what I can tell, getting to be head of the party is just a matter of showing up at the meetings more than anyone else and volunteering to work on events.

Years ago, back in the eighties, when QA was Sheriff, someone, who I have never figured out the identity of, would mail typewritten letters to the media and individuals throughout Walton County, detailing happenings within the SO and putting forth various conspiracy theories. This was before the internet. These things would hit and of course be copied and spread out throughout the county.

ShallowsFuzz, Cornman, Glidewell, they would all remember, but really do not believe anyone knew who it was.

There is a guy in Tallahassee that went under the name of The Grapefruit that use to do the same thing in state politics. Would always seem to know what happened, but never could provide the proof.

Wilecoyote's knowledge means either he/she has been here quite awhile, or has an excellent source that has been here quite awhile.

Your lack of history is why I also feel you are way off base if you think RJ is done. I am still trying to figure out these guys are going to differentiate themselves from each other.

I hear TC has already started putting up signs in the south end. Anyone seen them?

Just because I failed history does not mean I failed statistics and media, I made very respectable grades in those subjects.
Wile is obviously an insider as are you. When you both choose you can help us newbies "fill in the blanks."

What is the connection between "shallowsfuzz" Cornman and Glidewell? I thought Glidewell was in Cooper's camp. I am confused. Who is shallowsfuzz anyway.

As to signs I was wondering when the ugly abominations would begin to sprout. The counties to our east are already overrun with them. They must have 10 sheriffs candidates each and 15 tax collectors. We might get lucky and only have a couple of races to look at during our scenic drives.

I am babbling so I should retire to my drink for the evening. tata

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
There are those that will be checking those finacial reports very closely. It seems that the Supervisor of Elections is just a depository. No checking other than did they file a report.

Mildred Wilkerson pre-filed last year. She should have had a financial report during the last reporting period. Someone told me she filed a "no-activity" report. One of the steps to pre-qualifying is to open a campaign account. Please do tell how does one open a campaign account with no activity. At a minimum the report should have shown a loan from her to establish the account. That would appear to be a "inaccurate filing".

I guess only the Suervisor of Elections can explain that one.

The "Coyote" is going to be on this years filings like white on rice.

Heads Up !

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
i have not seen any TC signs. Haven't been out and about much this weekend. I will cruise the area tomorrow looking to make sure that none are within the state right-of-way or county right-of-way. I try to sell them back to the candidates after I collect them.

I heard there was a 120 day window on campaign signs. Maybe only in Bay - there was a report on the news a few nights ago about the problem in Bay county.

Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Deputy Dawg. That does bring back memories. :funn:

Idle, you can PM me if you haven't figured out ShallowsFuzz yet, if you wish to know. No, he is not running. We / I haven't fully recovered from the last time he resigned. ;-)

I think the point GOP was making is that Fuzz, along with Glidewell & Cornman & several others worked for QMc way back when "Deputy Dawg" would show up in the paper. That was actually more scary then than it is now, as the WCSO had only what, 30 employees total? :blink:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
btw, which TC is supposed to have signs out? I haven't seen any but I am vision-and-attention impaired.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
btw, which TC is supposed to have signs out? I haven't seen any but I am vision-and-attention impaired.

TC=Tony Cornman

I guess I need to start another thread on the feelings on this sign thing. I was not going to get any, but keep getting asked, and if I am going to do it might as well put out a few thousand. :rotfl:

Anyway, Shallows, I think enough time has passed that we need to get together and see if we can deduce just who this Deputy Dawg fellow was. I will try to go see Celeste next week and start asking the others that were there at the same time. I am sure each of them has their suspicions.