• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I have a warm spot in my heart for Chick-Fil-A. We frequented the first Chick-Fil-A in Hapeville when Truitt Cathy was behind he counter. The Chick-Fil-A family has been major contibutors to my Mom's church, Southwest Christian Church at the Washington Road exit on I-285 near the intersection with I-85 in southwest Atlanta. Their headquarters are nearby, so a lot of their employees attend this church.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Their whole wheat buns are yummy. (Full Disclosure: one of my friends was on the product development team) They use them regularly on the grilled sandwich but you have to ask for it on the fried sandwich.

While we are on the subject, let me tell you what an amazing company it is to work for. One of my friends went to work for them a few years ago. I regularly meet her there for lunch even though the headquarters are almost an hour a way. They have the most amazing cafeteria -- full of regular chic-fil-a food as well as MANY other choices (salads, entrees, desserts, milkshakes, whatever). And it's all FREE. That's right. Totally free for employees and GUESTS! :D One reason is to test food. We ate many versions of the wheat bun before they settled on the current one. Last time, they were testing different Chicken Salad Sandwiches. Another reason is that they encourage your family and friends to come see you at lunch - it contributes to work life balance! They also have almost free daycare, a free gym, the most amazing campus with walking trails. They own several beach vacation condos (not on sowal though!)that they give to employees -- you get a free week every few years. I swear if it was any closer to my house, I would work there. My friend will never leave.

I had no idea. I could see that they have a good corporation going, and it seems to be a nice place to work, etc. but damn! they have the right idea all the way around!!!:clap:

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Chick-fil-a is my all time favorite fast food place. You can ask Mr. OL..an old past time of ours is "chasing the chicken" (nothing dirty I promise) on vacation. When we were in Maryland we saw a Chick-fil-a road sign and got off on the appropriate exit. It was in Cumberland and we followed the signs but never found it. I was so bummed. I wouldn't be satisfied until we found another. We hadto drive another hour and half before we finally found one. :clap:You might remember one of our vacation pics from last year where Mr OL was walking into one. I think Jessifunn asked..what...haven't you ever seen a chick-fil-a before?:D Oh, and I can tell ya, if you miss the one outside Nashville coming home form Sowal on 65...you have HOURS before you hit another.

It's an awesome Christian organization. For years we didn't have any of the restaurants up here. We only got to eat there on our drive during vacations. We got our first one in the mall about 10 years ago and a few others have popped up since. We don't have it too often but I can see how you would get tired of it. I always get mine deluxe with extra pickle. The waffle fries are a nice change of pace but the cole slaw is da bomb!!! It's my very favorite cole slaw of anywhere.

Last edited:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
OL, put the cole slaw on the chicken sandwich....it is so YUMMY!!!!! :wave:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
well, OL, I didn't know you could get a "deluxe" sandwich, and I've never tried the slaw. I shall next time!!!

I always always always order #1 combo. and that is about all I've ever had there. I just love that sandwich with nothing but mayo and ketchup. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. don't think I could get tired of the place if I would just try the other stuff.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
well, OL, I didn't know you could get a "deluxe" sandwich, and I've never tried the slaw. I shall next time!!!

I always always always order #1 combo. and that is about all I've ever had there. I just love that sandwich with nothing but mayo and ketchup. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. don't think I could get tired of the place if I would just try the other stuff.

If you put the cole slaw on the sandwich...then you don't need the mayo. ;-) It is the best slaw ever!!!!!!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Oops, I just remembered. Duh, silly me.

Talking to someone from Georgia about Chick-Fil-A is like talking to someone from East TN about Ruby Tuesday or someone from Chattanooga about Crystal.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
For fast food, their chicken salad sandwich is very good. As OL, said they are great for when you travel the interstate systems, as you know what to expect and that it will be clean and friendly. :clap:

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
OL, put the cole slaw on the chicken sandwich....it is so YUMMY!!!!! :wave:

I'd have to order 2.;-) One for the sammy, one plain.:D

#7 deluxe. Deluxe is just tomato and lettuce. I add everything and make it pretty messy.

Also, I swear I remember reading that the sandwich is only 6 points on weight watchers. Too late to look it up but I know it is a little healthier than most fast food joints. I don't care for the grilled as much as the fried. of course:roll:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I'd have to order 2.;-) One for the sammy, one plain.:D

#7 deluxe. Deluxe is just tomato and lettuce. I add everything and make it pretty messy.

Also, I swear I remember reading that the sandwich is only 6 points on weight watchers. Too late to look it up but I know it is a little healthier than most fast food joints. I don't care for the grilled as much as the fried. of course:roll:

Fried....ahhhhh....