• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Might even get the supposed owner in trouble for marking property which isn't his, with private property/no trespassing signs.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
It is a crime to file a false complaint. Ask the deputy to take your sworn statement while he is there and the State Attorney can get the guy later. :cool:

I am so non-confrontational about stuff like that. I don't think I'd have the guts to even get into it with the guy. From what I can tell from watching him & then what the LG said today, he's looking to get into it with someone.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I wouldn't waste my time with the guy, but have that plat with you when/if the Sheriff's Deputy arrives. Your only conversation should be with that officer, not the man with the signs.

You might also print up my signature line from the Florida State Supreme Court.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
I wouldn't waste my time with the guy, but have that plat with you when/if the Sheriff's Deputy arrives. Your only conversation should be with that officer, not the man with the signs.

You might also print up my signature line from the Florida State Supreme Court.

Honestly, I rarely go over there. A personal battle of wills with him is a waste of my time. I just think it's sad that our beaches are coming to this. My point in posting the incident in the first place is not to even pick him out of the crowd, so to speak, but rather deal with the larger issue at hand of this happening all over the place right now in SoWal.

I just got off the phone with a good friend that lives on the other side of Panama City. She's 68 & lived in PC for at least 30-35 years, so she's seen a lot. I told her about the issues going on, but also the grayt things about why we live here. She said that she's seen a lot over the years in PC & PCB & it's gone to hail. Do we want that here with the growth expected to happen in the coming years?

Again, I am simply stating that we are at a turning point for our stretch of beach and community. We can either choose to monitor & maintain things a lot better than we have been doing in a sustainable manner or just let whatever the heck happen & then in 5-7 years, we won't recognize the place anymore.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
OM, PM me the location. If it's there Sunday night I'll go get it. That's just me helping out the TDC on the remove it or lose it issue. :wave: