• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
hitting bottom

there are still alot of folks around here who just don't get it. they still want 2004 prices for their homes, which is keeping the inventory high. in so many other parts of the country, making $70,000 or $80,000 on your home after owning it for 10 years is considered a good profit. here, there are too many greedy people - they want that kind of return after owning for a couple of years. wake up, people - as long as there are tons of properties on the market, things won't get better. it's the old supply and demand rule.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I had a nice chat with a lady this morning in Seacrest Beach. She and her husband have just bought a house here. She was so happy, and she told me this purchase was the fulfillment of a 'lifetime dream'. What we both got a chuckle out of was the fact that the seller had to bring $200k to the table just to unload the property! Ouch...

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I had a nice chat with a lady this morning in Seacrest Beach. She and her husband have just bought a house here. She was so happy, and she told me this purchase was the fulfillment of a 'lifetime dream'. What we both got a chuckle out of was the fact that the seller had to bring $200k to the table just to unload the property! Ouch...

Seacrest Beach North, Waters Edge at Seacrest, and Sunset Beach are poster children for what shellak mentions. A large percentage of lots were purchased, built out, and flipped between 2004 and 2007. In some cases properties were flipped two or three times. Very creative financing like 3/5/7 hybrid ARMs, interest only, PayOption and teasers were used. The community has seen a large jump in active listings in just the last year or so. Unfortunately, most are listing at overvalued prices, so sales are flat. The sales that are going through are reasonably priced, small 3 bed, 3 bath units. The "shake out" is just starting to kick into high gear there.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

Quote:

"I drafted a sample letter that buyers who fear overpaying might send to homeowners. Then, I crafted a reply that confident sellers could fire back.

The sample letters on Page B6, ...I wrote after conversations with representatives of the National Association of Realtors and the National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents" :roll:

----------------------

Writing letters is a waste of time--just hand over a business card with the offer and a one-week deadline jotted on the reverse.

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
Quote:

"I drafted a sample letter that buyers who fear overpaying might send to homeowners. Then, I crafted a reply that confident sellers could fire back.

The sample letters on Page B6, ...I wrote after conversations with representatives of the National Association of Realtors and the National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents" :roll:

----------------------

Writing letters is a waste of time--just hand over a business card with the offer and a one-week deadline jotted on the reverse.

Now Shelly, surely regardless of our trade, we all need tips on negotiating skills;-)

Last edited:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Quote:

----------------------

Thanks Shelly! I think I will actually use this when I deliver a contract in the am. You da bomb!