• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
If it makes you feel any better, PawPaw is still paying to rent a touchtone phone from the phone company. He thinks it is funny. :bang:

Deep breaths. :wave:

:wave: Thanks. She's still busy at work and saving her Social Security payments, so overall, she is doing just fine and feeling very fortunate.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave: Thanks. She's still busy at work and saving her Social Security payments, so overall, she is doing just fine and feeling very fortunate.

My friend, I consider us both lucky children. :love:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Oh I just saw this. TFT's mom did NOT follow through on the stop-loss plan. Months ago I tried to get her to plan to sell a big chunk at $75, and then more if it dropped to $65. She agreed on the $75 stop-loss, but she did not commit to how much to sell, said she was going to meet with a new financial planner first (who would of course tell her the same thing). Did not meet with the planner, did not execute the order, and I've stopped bringing it up. :bang:

Oh shoot!

Hats off to you TFT for making an excellent call and being on top of the market.

You're right about letting the subject go...at least Mom has still got the dividends coming in :dunno:

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
I cannot believe that Buffet used the word "market". He is known to be a market agnostic.

I heard that Circuit City had gotten pounded. It closed today at 0.39. Kinda hard to believe.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
Has anyone noticed that the market seems to be pegged to Goofer's prediction? It's been volatile for sure, but so far it seems to be on a short leash circling that post.

I saw Goofer reading Barron's one Sunday.

The Dow hit a low of 7,552 a few weeks ago. I don't believe that low will hold. The market is trying too hard to put its best foot forward and probably is a sign of the nervous nellies. Over the next year, I think we will see some stock market lows that will rattle investors. Bernanke is very nervous. That makes me nervous. Hard times to come...

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
The Dow hit a low of 7,552 a few weeks ago. I don't believe that low will hold. The market is trying too hard to put its best foot forward and probably is a sign of the nervous nellies. Over the next year, I think we will see some stock market lows that will rattle investors. Bernanke is very nervous. That makes me nervous. Hard times to come...

I agree, the sell off is far from over. I'd say S&P 500 lows of around 500. We'll probaby pass through that level a few times over the next six months to a year. Revised lower earnings for 2009 arent baked into this thing yet.