• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
So who's going? I know there's a bunch of LSU fans on here, I'm looking forward to a great game.

I'm heading over to NOLA Friday, then up to Red Stick for the game. Last time I was in BR was in 1998 on my way back from Vail when a 12th ranked UGA beat 6th ranked LSU 28-27, with Quincy Carter and Champ Bailey leading the Dawgs over Gerry DiNardo's Tigers with Booger McFarland and Kevin Faulk. I'm expecting a similar battle with two quality teams fighting to stay alive in the SECC race. Neither team can afford a loss.

Go Dawgs!

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
I'm going!:wave: and i'm taking our grill and we're going to grill some brats and drink crown. i'm meeting some girl friends there, but we need some place to stay.:dunno: nevermind i just talked to my friend and we're driving her dad's UGA motorhome.

Last edited:

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
My friend Bwacko Bama says this game doesn't matter. Neither of these teams can beat his TIDE. He points out that his coach Osabin Bin Winnin took his LSU team to the National Championship after beating UGA twice that year. So he figures it will be pretty much the same this year. My other friend Aly Gattore says Uga looses to her favorite team anyway. Still this will be a great game between 2 good SEC teams. Yall have fun but don't be waving any of those big foam #1 hands.:wave:

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
I'm going!:wave: and i'm taking our grill and we're going to grill some brats and drink crown. i'm meeting some girl friends there, but we need some place to stay.:dunno: nevermind i just talked to my friend and we're driving her dad's UGA motorhome.

I'm stopping by your tailgate:cool:

My friend Bwacko Bama says this game doesn't matter. Neither of these teams can beat his TIDE. He points out that his coach Osabin Bin Winnin took his LSU team to the National Championship after beating UGA twice that year. So he figures it will be pretty much the same this year. My other friend Aly Gattore says Uga looses to her favorite team anyway. Still this will be a great game between 2 good SEC teams. Yall have fun but don't be waving any of those big foam #1 hands.:wave:

UGA has an uncanny record of beating defending national champs, let's see: UF 1997, LSU 2004, UF 2007, LSU 2008?

Just saw the injury report, UGA lost another LB and another TE in Tuesday's practice, there are more green (non-contact) jerseys being worn in Athens than red ones. I'm afraid my Dawgs might not have enough depth to win Saturday. Well, there's always the tailgating...

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
An UGA RV? I know of several. I didn't go to many games while living in Athens, but I've met most of the people with UGA RVs parked near Baxter St. The one who threw the best tailgate was the Coors distributor for South Carolina. His RV was painted red and black and he parked at the bottom of the hill on Baxter. They always had plenty of Coors Light and good food, and were very welcoming to all who entered their roped off area.

Go Dawgs!

Have funn. :wave:

Hey, you ought to make the brats German style. http://www.bratwurstpages.com/brats.html. Simmer them in advance in beer and onions. When you get to the game, grill them. Then cut them in half. Take a Chicago roll, cut off the top, add onions German mustard, and stuff the brats into the roll as daughter's German boyfriend showed us how to do. Yum! That's what we're doing at our tailgate for the Georgia Tech game.

picture.php

I'm stopping by your tailgate:cool:

Just saw the injury report, UGA lost another LB and another TE in Tuesday's practice, there are more green (non-contact) jerseys being worn in Athens than red ones. I'm afraid my Dawgs might not have enough depth to win Saturday. Well, there's always the tailgating...
Yeah, Chandler and Ellerbe.

:rotfl:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
ChrisV and AggieB - We are going to be at the game and tailgating as well. Changing the start time of the game put a halt to some people being able to go but we are IN! PM me and maybe we can hook up....:wave:

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
Have funn. :wave:

Hey, you ought to make the brats German style. http://www.bratwurstpages.com/brats.html. Simmer them in advance in beer and onions. When you get to the game, grill them. Then cut them in half. Take a Chicago roll, cut off the top, add onions German mustard, and stuff the brats into the roll as daughter's German boyfriend showed us how to do. Yum! That's what we're doing at our tailgate for the Georgia Tech game.

picture.php

Yumm!

Yeah, Chandler and Ellerbe.
Nope, two more: Hebron and White

ChrisV and AggieB - We are going to be at the game and tailgating as well. Changing the start time of the game put a halt to some people being able to go but we are IN! PM me and maybe we can hook up....:wave:

PM coming...

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
An UGA RV? I know of several. I didn't go to many games while living in Athens, but I've met most of the people with UGA RVs parked near Baxter St. The one who threw the best tailgate was the Coors distributor for South Carolina. His RV was painted red and black and he parked at the bottom of the hill on Baxter. They always had plenty of Coors Light and good food, and were very welcoming to all who entered their roped off area.

Go Dawgs!

I'm going to have to dig up some more old pics from back then, we tailgated in the same lot at Baxter and Lumpkin, with Buddy Trammell at his motorhome. Always had the big sign set up that read "Victory Party Here Tonight!"

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
change in plans, can't make it this trip. rats. but ibd and cv y'all have a great time! bottoms up!

br the brats look great.:drool: i'll have to make those soon.

Last edited: