• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
ok, this enticed me out to post ...

i am sickened by this - this is/was our most absolute favorite place to eat when we come to sowal.

i am keeping my fingers crossed they can reopen someplace else. this is so sad, but it's happening a lot in our area too.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
ok, this enticed me out to post ...

i am sickened by this - this is/was our most absolute favorite place to eat when we come to sowal.

i am keeping my fingers crossed they can reopen someplace else. this is so sad, but it's happening a lot in our area too.

Well put! I was in this restaurant every Friday night. There is a huge void now in our restaurant life here on 30A.:sosad:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I remember that originally it was supposedly due to a raise in rent. However, I have also heard that it was an issue with the septic tank. I can't believe a restaurant could be on one this close to the water, but hey weirder things have happened. They have since installed what looks like a new sewer line, could Yianni's be making a comeback.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I remember that originally it was supposedly due to a raise in rent. However, I have also heard that it was an issue with the septic tank. I can't believe a restaurant could be on one this close to the water, but hey weirder things have happened. They have since installed what looks like a new sewer line, could Yianni's be making a comeback.[/QUOTE]

Please let it be true!

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Sorry we missed this spot while we were there. Where was it located? Hope it will reopen. (Haven't seen any closings here yet since the early closings due to downtown development - slowdown.)
We did eat out once a day while we were there, eating at some places new to us but going back to Bud & Alley's for view and appetizer and drinks and Red Bar for breakfast and lunch. ($8.50 for JD; the house bourbon was Early Times whiskey, we noticed when we sat at the bar.)
We will return in June. (Almost thought about coming down during spring break thinking that 30A wouldn't be as bad as PCB. Decided not to go broke this year.)
It was wonderful to get out and ride our bikes everyday (except new year's day - cold). Wonderful to walk to church and places to eat. Bought my older daughter's birthday gifts there too.
It was very quiet except around new years. Drove over to the Front Beach Road area - didn't stop at the Pier - lots of places offering free nights.
Happy New Year, Ellen

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Yianni's is located by the Seagrove Storage buildings. Just past the curb on the North side of the road. It's just past the church.