• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I think what JB1 was referring to was that the Union was defeated at WCSO. For those keeping a tally, there were 128 eligible, 50 voted no, 20 voted yes. That was as of 1/22/09 according to the PERC website. Better luck next year, maybe the Teamsters will come in and chat with the Deputies. I am curious, can any Deputy tell me how many of the 220 employees are road Deputies and what the rest of these employees do?

Creeklover

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2007
We will see by this time next year if they wont the union in place. I hear more firing are under way and some are just buying time till retirement..

We will see by this time next year if they wont the union in place. I hear more firing are under way and some are just buying time till retirement..

Jobs are hard to come by right now and I hate to see anyone lose a job, especially one they have had for years. That said, the firings I have heard about since the new Sheriff took over were deserved. If you know different, share it with us.:dunno: