• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
I have nothing of tangible value to donate, but I do have time and desire. Count me in to help in whatever way I can. In his young life, Chris has lived Hell on earth.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Ok...let's do it! I need help....volunteers please??!!!!!!!! Need a place to have it, a date, coordination, etc. Informal committee of sorts.....please step up and show this family what Sowal is all about. Ideas are appreciated, and so are people. PM me or call me.....585-7353.....Donna

I'm in. Let's talk this weekend.

RobbynB

Beach Crab
Jun 5, 2009
Daily news article help

Hi all,
I am writing a follow-up article today about Chris and his family. If there are friends or relatives who'd like to share memories or thoughts of him and his family, please call my desk phone at 315-4445. We'd like to be able to share with Daily News readers just how tragic this is for their family. If you have photos, that would be nice, too.
~Robbyn Brooks
Northwest Florida Daily News

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Update from WZEP & another fatality in Walton County

Walton’s Second Fatality In Two Days

Foul weather might have played a part in a second Walton County fatality in as many days. Just before 8:30am Friday morning a single vehicle accident took the life of one and sent a passenger to the hospital via Walton EMS. The accident happened at the 83 westbound mile marker on I-10. Walton Fire-Rescue called for an air-ambulance, but the helicopter could not fly due to the area being blanked in bad weather. The initial call came in as a possible ejection. The FHP is working the accident.

Accident Follow-up

(I know this is a repeat of what Kurt posted, but it came in with the info above.)

The FHP says a Freeport woman was killed Thursday afternoon in a multi vehicle accident at the intersection of U.S. 331 and South Bay Grove Road. First News reported on the accident and traffic conditions live Thursday afternoon.

According to the FHP, around 3pm Thursday, 40-year-old Lori Ann Sivley of Freeport, was traveling north on 331, attempting to make a left turn onto Bay Grove Road. At the same time, 31-year-old Christopher Carter was traveling southbound. Apparently Sivley didn't see the car driven by Carter and turned into its path. Carter attempted to steer to the left and struck the rear before veering into the path of a dump truck traveling behind her.

The FHP says passenger 30-year-old Gina Dee Carter died in the accident. The driver, Carter, is listed in critical condition. Also injured were 7-year-old Isabella Carter, and 2-year-old Christopher Carter. Sivley was not injured. The dump truck driver, 48-year-old Johnny Mack Roberts, of DeFuniak Springs, was listed with minor injuries. Two air-ambulance helicopters were called to the scene. U.S. 331 was tied up for about 3 hours.

The FHP says charges are pending. The report also says all involved were wearing a seatbelt.

Last edited:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Hopefully you will be able to get the word out about efforts that the Sowal board is making to try and help the family, especially if they can mobilize a special event or fundraising effort.

On an unrelated note, here's another accident you could check out that has some of us scratching our heads...

http://www.sowal.com/bb/all-about-sowal/35511-hit-run-watercolor-publix-parking-lot.html

The family is being notified as I write this of the Sowal Community out pouring of compassion and help for the Carter Family.

My phone is ringing off the hook with wonderful Sowallers :love: wanting to help. Please keep it up...let's show the Carter Family we care and hopefully bring some light into their world after this horrible tragedy.

I have a 2nd party contact to the family that I spoke with just a little while ago, the kids are at the Children's Hospital on Pensacola and should both be okay, but broken and banged up. Not to mention the loss of their mother and a grieving father. This is just soooo unbelievable.

I've contacted the press and relayed to them that I don't think anyone should speak of the family without their permission, until then, I will keep quiet. The reporter appreciates that...and I thank you RobynnB.

The reporter said all info regarding a fundraiser will be published....again, thank you.

Still want ideas, volunteers, etcc.....please call me

Donna
585-7353

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Donna, count me in too. Whatever I can do. This is so very sad.
GW

Deli Love

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2008
MidWal???
Prayers are what my family can give right now but they are there for this family. Sis has been in touch with the family and I am sure they will appreciate any help and Any Prayer we send out! DMarie, let's make heaven a noisy place again!

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
thank you bobbyj and goodwitch....I'll be calling you both on Monday......keep the prayers and positive thoughts going for the Carter family.........