• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I was just given the names of who may have been in the wreck and my family prayers go out to all. Not prepared to release names until we have confirmation. This is such a Small town that it seems every time there is an accident you end up knowing the parties involved. :cry:

Evangeline

Beach Comber
Feb 6, 2007
I just got the answer for myself about traffic moving by calling the SO substation. Apparently they've opened the road back up.

Prayers to the family(ies) involved from here too. I am anxious every time my family is on that stretch of road.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
OK, sorry that my source(s) were wrong about 331 being closed. We had made several phone calls, as virtually all of the other employees in our building, save for two or three, live north of the bridge. The FHP site at that time said proceed with caution. When we left work 331 was not backed up, and there was some southbound traffic, so I had no way of knowing I'd been misinformed.

Using binoculars, traffic did appear to be moving across the bridge a little while ago, VERY slowly.

And I was about to point out to Evangeline that 3280 is actually a very good detour, but then I thought before I typed (rare for me) and that would be only if you are going north. I guess one could take 3280 to 20 to head east to 79, but you'd be much farther ahead if you knew about it at 331 & 20.

In any event, prayers to the families of all involved...:sosad:

Lake Eastern

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
Walton County
I just got the answer for myself about traffic moving by calling the SO substation. Apparently they've opened the road back up.

Prayers to the family(ies) involved from here too. I am anxious every time my family is on that stretch of road.

My husband is southbound at top of the bridge and says the traffic is moving at 7:40 pm.

topeze

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2009
Got on to post but others beat me to it by the time I was home. Traffic is going through now, although was still backed up headed south for a bit.

Come to find out, my husband was only a few cars behind the accident before it happened and saw the first cop arrive at the scene. And as I was driving, I saw the SUV on the flatbead heading up 331. It looked like a head on collision. My prayers go out to the family of all those in the vehicles and for a fast recovery for all involved.

Last edited:

Deli Love

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2008
MidWal???
This area knows about the power of prayer. From the word I am getting from friends of family prayers will be needed and appreciated.

ATLGIRL

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2008
I was just given the names of who may have been in the wreck and my family prayers go out to all. Not prepared to release names until we have confirmation. This is such a Small town that it seems every time there is an accident you end up knowing the parties involved. :cry:

Bobby, Do we have confirmation yet? I am worried.